PDA

View Full Version : Used Planer

Jerry Bruette
06-11-2016, 6:37 PM
If I could pick up a used Ridgid TP 1300 planer for $100 at an auction would it be worth it?

I haven't seen it in person and it does show some wear in the pictures.

TIA

Ken Fitzgerald
06-11-2016, 8:10 PM
Jerry,

I have a Ridgid TP1300 and it has performed well.

In fact, I am getting ready to change the blades on it. (Look under the outfeed table for a spare set of blades. That's where they are normally stored) The tools you need are located in the left hand end of the planer as you look at it from the infeed side.

If it's in reasonable shape, and has the dust collection assembly on the outfeed side, I'd pay $100. I'd want to run it for just a few seconds to see if it ran.

I bought mine new and paid much more than that.

Jerry Bruette
06-11-2016, 8:41 PM
Wish I could fire it up Ken, it's on an internet auction and I can't get to it cause I'm working the wrong shift.

Scott Austin
06-11-2016, 11:06 PM
I also have one. I've had it for 15 trouble free years. I have never needed to replace any parts on it, even though I have worked it pretty hard for the last five years.

Rigid no longer carries replacement parts for the common wear parts. I can't remember the company's name but, they advertised on here has the same planer under there name with parts & support for them.

Bottom line, if it looks decent it's well worth $ 100

Barrett Sammons
06-12-2016, 2:11 PM
I also have one. I've had it for 15 trouble free years. I have never needed to replace any parts on it, even though I have worked it pretty hard for the last five years.

Rigid no longer carries replacement parts for the common wear parts. I can't remember the company's name but, they advertised on here has the same planer under there name with parts & support for them.

Bottom line, if it looks decent it's well worth $ 100

i believe it is cutech.