PDA

View Full Version : 12" Circular Saw Needed

CPeter James
06-06-2016, 3:58 PM
A friend just lost all his tools in a fire in Alaska. One of the tools that he misses most is a 12" circular saw. I would like to replace it for him, but the price of a new Makita is way beyond my means. Does anyone know where I might find a 12, 15" or 16" circular saw at a reasonable price? If someone has one, I will gladly pay the shipping to get it to him. He lost 6 buildings at his hunting/fishing lodge as well as a death on one of his guests. He spent about 5 hours fighting the fire wearing only his pants and in his bare feet. His feet are badly burned and full of debris and I only hope that they don't get infected. He is looking to redo some of the other buildings in an attempt to salvage his season.

Peter

Viking Mountain Tool Works
06-08-2016, 8:58 PM
How about a Prazi USA PR7000 Beam Cutter for 7-1/4-Inch Worm Drive Saws ?Scott

Don Orr
06-09-2016, 9:32 AM
There is a Makita 16' beam saw for sale on the Albany, NY Craigslist. It's located in Dalton, MA. Not sure if this helps any.

I'll send you the link via PM.

CPeter James
06-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Thank you for the responses. My friend uses the saw to cut 3" dock planks. The 12" one that I gave h ime was just the thing. I am not sure if a 10" saw would work or not. I have found a Makita 16.5" saw in eastern MA and am trying to work out the details. I thought of the Prazi, but that is not real handy for what he does. The one in Dalton MA is probably closer and easier to get to from where I am located. I may check that out. My next problem is getting it to him.
Peter