PDA

View Full Version : Importing Text into CorelDraw

John Bion
06-06-2016, 8:31 AM
I have problems importing text into CorelDraw. It does not matter what method I use or what programs I import from.

For example, if I import a long list of names form a spreadsheet, pdf, word doc etc, it will come into CD in a text frame with the persons last name attached as one word not the next persons first name like this:

If I break the text apart, it breaks into the conjoined constituent parts. Hence, I have to re-type all my text which is a pain in the backside.

Is there a way to get around this or is it just that i am using an iMac? I am using Parallels, so windows operates as Windows, so don’t see why this should be a problem?

Any thoughts? Thanks.

John

Mike Null
06-06-2016, 8:48 AM
John

Have you used the edit menu to paste the text? Copy it then click on "paste special". from there I usually select "text" then convert to artistic text and proceed to edit. There are still times when I encounter what you've described which I attribute to the formatting by the originator. Once I have converted it to artistic text if the text still runs together i use the text tool and the enter key to separate the names.

I sometimes save the file to Notepad and edit from there.

Another option would be to use print merge which I find to be cumbersome.

I don't believe your Mac is the problem.

John Bion
06-06-2016, 9:05 AM
Mike, Thank you for your comments, I have never used the edit menu for text, thanks very I will give that a try. I had already tried saving to Notepad and then importing, but to no avail.

I’ll let yo know how I get on.

Kind Regards, John

John Bion
06-06-2016, 9:13 AM
Mike, Thanks so very much! That sorted it :) I’m a happy man now!

Hope you have a great day.

Mike Null
06-06-2016, 9:45 AM
John

Glad it helped. I received the same tip a few years ago on this forum from George Perzel.

Gary Hair
06-06-2016, 11:06 AM
Select your text from the original document then in Corel select the text tool and click anywhere as if you were going to type in some text. Then press shift-insert (or ctrl-v) and you'll get a dialogue box with a few options - experiment with them to see what works for you. This works for spreadsheets as well as text documents, even web pages.

John Bion
06-06-2016, 11:23 AM
John

Glad it helped. I received the same tip a few years ago on this forum from George Perzel.

Well a shout of thanks to George too :)

John Bion
06-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Select your text from the original document then in Corel select the text tool and click anywhere as if you were going to type in some text. Then press shift-insert (or ctrl-v) and you'll get a dialogue box with a few options - experiment with them to see what works for you. This works for spreadsheets as well as text documents, even web pages.

Gary, Thanks very much for your help too. I will give this a try. I am very grateful for the help I have received so often on this forum, and often so fast too.

Hope you are having a sunny and prosperous summer.