PDA

View Full Version : laser not engraving full image

Buddy Stevens
06-06-2016, 8:27 AM
First post as a new member, been lurking for a while.

Got an issue hopefully the experts here can help with. Running RDworks 8.00.27with a Chinese 50w blue & white and rotary. With start point in center.

Was cutting great yesterday until we had the power go off. Laser wasn't cutting but it was powdered on. Turned everything off before power came on.

Now today everything we cut is 'flattening' the right side. Moving start point back to a corner and it cuts fine, that just makes it more complicated figuring out how to place piece so design is centered.. I've reset the laser as well.

Any advice?

Mike Null
06-06-2016, 8:58 AM
Buddy

Welcome to SMC. I'm not up on the operation of Chinese lasers but it appears that you've hit the limit of the engraving area. Can you enlarge the "page"?

We have a lot of knowledgeable guys with Chinese machines so help will arrive shortly.

Keith Winter
06-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Likely you are out of focus or hit a limit on your rotary device. Recheck your settings.

Buddy Stevens
06-06-2016, 11:19 AM
Can't explain it, all settings were exactly like they were when working previously. Just tried it again after being shut down overnight and everything is working fine again. I guess I'll chalk it up to a 'glitch'

I appreciate the welcome and help.

Mike Null
06-06-2016, 2:46 PM
See the benefit of joining SMC. One post and we "fixed" your issue.:D

Buddy Stevens
06-08-2016, 11:23 AM
LOL, and it's back.....

Guess I'll have to post here every day to keep the issue away.