PDA

View Full Version : Apple bowl again

Leo Van Der Loo
06-05-2016, 2:37 PM
While I have the pictures uploaded on my Mac here, I’ll show you another one.This is made from a chunk of Applewood that had small twigs and branches on the log, it has also more different colors and striping, the twig and branches where a bit of a challenge to keep them from checking, there is still some, but no bad ones, I don't think that the wood is going to move anymore after all the years it already sat and was influenced by the changing cycles of temps and humidity every year/seasons

This one is about 11” X 2”
All comments welcome :)

338650 338651 338652 338653 338654

William C Rogers
06-05-2016, 4:13 PM
Leo, I like this one the best of the three, the others are also very beautiful. I like your shape on all of the bowls.

Allan Ferguson
06-05-2016, 4:56 PM
So very nice. Great coloration.

David Delo
06-05-2016, 6:07 PM
Very nice figured wood with your typical excellent execution Leo.

robert baccus
06-05-2016, 9:42 PM
Very nice work on a fantastic piece of wood.

Jamie Straw
06-05-2016, 11:46 PM
I really like it, Leo. We had a very old, huge apple tree go down last December and saved most of it for turning. It's such a beautiful wood, with all that color in it. Your bowl really shows it off.

Leo Van Der Loo
06-07-2016, 2:01 AM
Leo, I like this one the best of the three, the others are also very beautiful. I like your shape on all of the bowls.

Thank you for looking and your reply Bill :)

So very nice. Great coloration.

Thanksfor your commenting Allan, I appreciate it :)

Very nice figured wood with your typical excellent execution Leo.

Thanks for your very kind words David :)

Very nice work on a fantastic piece of wood.

Thank you Robert, I appreciate your commenting on my work :)

I really like it, Leo. We had a very old, huge apple tree go down last December and saved most of it for turning. It's such a beautiful wood, with all that color in it. Your bowl really shows it off.

Thanks Jamie :), the large fruit trees are going the way of the Dodo, all the old orchards are and even the newer low stem ones are renewed, now we have hardly any of the large trees left over, not much turning wood on the new ones anymore :(

Grant Wilkinson
06-07-2016, 7:44 PM
Very fine, as usual, Leo. Great colour.

Leo Van Der Loo
06-08-2016, 1:11 AM
Very fine, as usual, Leo. Great colour.

Thank You Grant :), I miss your presence on the Canadian forum :confused: ???

Grant Wilkinson
06-08-2016, 9:22 AM
Tks, Leo. PM sent.