PDA

View Full Version : change power or speed after cutting already started on chinese laser

Todd Mueller
06-04-2016, 9:21 PM
I have about 58 files loaded into my machine, all at the same power and speed, and they work perfectly but once in awhile i have a slightly thicker material i like to use and need to increase the power about 5%. Is there a way to do it from the control panel without going back to my computer and changing the settings in my file and then reloading that new file into the machine?

I have heard that this can be done, but maybe only once the cutting has been started possibly? or is there a way to copy all of my 58 files on the computer and change the speed/power on them all at once easily without going in to each one individually and modifying them and creating new files with the different settings?

Bert Kemp
06-04-2016, 10:01 PM
What machine what software if your using lasercut just open the software go to the color you want to change dbl clic and increase the power. On the control panel press menu then power then up arrow to increase power %

Todd Mueller
06-05-2016, 11:06 PM
What machine what software if your using lasercut just open the software go to the color you want to change dbl clic and increase the power. On the control panel press menu then power then up arrow to increase power %

I am using rdcam "rdworks" and have the stable version from thunder laser, but i dont have machine hooked to the computer, so i just make my files, save them as an rd file, and put it on a usb drive, take that drive to my machine and load it into the machines memory. I really dont think there is going to be an easy way.

apparently i can hit maxpower button on my machine panel and use the arrow keys and go over to the digit place of the power that i want to change and increase it or decrease it by hitting up or down, but that can only be done after i start cutting, unless i can start cutting, hit pause real fast, then modify power, and resume, that may work as the machine would have still been moving the laserhead to the first cut and not actually done any cutting yet, so by the time it gets to its spot to do the first cut, i will have already had time to pause it, modify power, and then hit resume, maybe this is my answer, any clue if this would work?

Todd Mueller
06-05-2016, 11:08 PM

My machine is from Jinan Quichen cnc router company, if that helps

Bert Kemp
06-06-2016, 12:58 AM
is this a laser or a rotary engraver?

Rich Harman
06-06-2016, 12:58 AM
...i can hit maxpower button on my machine panel and use the arrow keys and go over to the digit place of the power that i want to change and increase it or decrease it by hitting up or down... any clue if this would work?

Yes, that would work.