PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 60 B Jointer problem

Ronnie Futo
06-04-2016, 8:07 PM
The out feed table is no longer parallel to the blades. The roller that holders the blades is a little higher at the fence. This is causing the blades to be high.This jointer doesn't have a cam to adjust this.

I have followed the manual on how to adjust table. It only seams to change height of the whole table, not a side. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks for any help.

I have tried to adjust blades to compensate, but doing 3 blades seems impossible.

glenn bradley
06-04-2016, 9:17 PM
Seriously, 26 views and no help for Ronnie!?! The 60B is a dovetail way jointer. What you are experiencing is what makes folks be sure to get a parallelogram jointer "next time". Since you are looking at the manual I am assuming they are not showing how to adjust the plane via shim-stock in the ways. There is a good video here. (http://www.finewoodworking.com/tool-guide/video/how-to-shim-a-jointer.aspx)

Ronnie Futo
06-04-2016, 9:41 PM
Yea, the manual doesn't show how to shim. I'll try that next week. Thanks for the video.

larry senen
06-04-2016, 11:14 PM
A set of feeler gauges can be used too. But you,ll need to sacrifice one or two. Easier to obtain though.

Joe Jensen
06-05-2016, 2:03 AM
I had a Powermatic 60 jointer years ago. Over time the outfeed table drooped a but. I tightened the gib screws just a bit on the dovetails for the outfeed and it leveled right back. This was a 1990 model...joe

Ronnie Futo
06-05-2016, 9:52 PM
I used a feeler gauge today and got it level again. Thanks for the help. I might be looking for a new jointer in the near future. Any ideas on what you would replace it with?