PDA

View Full Version : We're outa here... Rita looks big

Ernie Nyvall
09-21-2005, 5:12 PM
Told work today that I have too much to do to get ready. Just east of Houston at a lower elevation. I don't know if it will do anything here, but I know I wont be here to see it. Will leave tonight to hopefully miss the traffic and I think I know a few back roads... if you have a map, Texas is full of them.
Good luck to all the rest along the coast and in Rita's path.

Ernie

Don Baer
09-21-2005, 5:39 PM
Good luck and God speed Ernie.

Glenn Clabo
09-21-2005, 6:06 PM
One of the top ten storms in history would me haul tail...Be safe!

Dennis Peacock
09-21-2005, 6:11 PM
God speed Ernie and all who may be in the midst of this coming hurricane.

Ken Kimbrell
09-21-2005, 6:33 PM
Good move Ernie!

Kay & I sat through Hurricane Charley (http://www.mykimbrell.com/hurricane_charley.htm) last year and it was NOT a fun time...
Looks like this one will be much worse, maybe even as bad, or worse than Katrina.

You and all the folks down there will be in our prayers.

Randy Meijer
09-21-2005, 7:07 PM
According to a report that I just saw on the Internet, Rita is up to a Category 5 storm !! If that is accurate, some folks on the Texas coast are in for a BIG hit!! Hope everyone has learned a lesson from Katrina and heads for the hills.

Prayers are with you; but a discrete retreat would appear to be the prudent course of action.

Don Baer
09-21-2005, 7:32 PM
Just pulled this off of the www.weather.com (http://www.weather.com)

"Hurricane Rita is now the fifth most intense hurricane on record in the Atlantic Basin."

I'd be heading for the hills. God speed to all who are down there.

Brad Schmid
09-21-2005, 7:34 PM
Good luck Ernie,
We're headed out too. Looks like us here in Katy will be in the northeast quadrant on the east edge of the eyewall. NOT GOOD!. If it drops to cat 3 around 130 mph at landfall, they're expecting 110 mph in Katy. I don't know if we'll have anything left, but I'm not going to be around to watch. Kerrville, here we come! Signing off until this things over. Be well all.
Brad

Jim O'Dell
09-21-2005, 7:35 PM
Cat 5 and still getting stronger. The latest word is that the eye will still be intact as it goes over us here in Fort Worth/Dallas!! That shows to be Cat 1 or 2 this far inland. I've thought about heading to my folks house on the Tex/Ok border. Other reports were that it was taking 10 hours + to drive from Houston to Dallas today. Normally a 4 to 4.5 hour drive. We have friends coming from Houston tomorrow morning for a local dog show weekend. This could be a really big mess!
As a related side note, I've been praying for rain since the creek behind our house is all but dried up and the mosquitos are horrible. Think someone heard me? Jim

Stuart Johnson
09-21-2005, 8:27 PM
We lived in Katy when Alicia hit. No real damage other than a few trees down and power outages. The people across the street didn't have power for several days. Ours flickerd a few times but stayed on.

We live in Red Oak (25 miles south of Dallas) now and our house has flooded twice with just some heavy rains. I've built up a planter wall that has held so far but I don't know what it is going to do if the storm comes right over. The sad part is we are rather high but there has been massive building up higher with no beefing up of the drainage.

Ken Garlock
09-21-2005, 8:28 PM
Jim, I think someone is peeing on your shoes and telling you it is raining. :)

According to the NOAA bulletin at 5:30 tonight, the storm will have 40-60 mph sustained winds south of DFW (south of line Lampasas... to Hillsboro... to Athens.) By the time it gets to DFW on Sunday, the winds will be 30 to 40 MPH with 4 to 6 inches of rain. Sounds like a summer thunderstorm to me....

Jim O'Dell
09-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Ken, let's hope that holds true. My information was from earlier in the day, friend of a friend of a friend, you know how that goes. Anyway, this guy is a high water rescue person at one of the area fire departments, Roanoke I think,was on a conference call with FEMA and the National weather service, and this was brought up as a distinct possibility. I also saw a map on one of the weathercasts that showed the storm track, and over our area the #2 was in the middle of the hurricane icon. #1 was about the OK border. Maybe this was if the storm doesn't lose strength, or maybe gains strength, I don't know. I'll plan for the worse, and pray for the best!

We moved into our current house a year ago July (2004). Remember the rains we had in May and June that year? At one point while I was still building fence before we moved in, the water on Mary's Creek that is behind our house was over the bridge coming into our area...the only way in or out. Took out a good chunk of the asphalt off the top of the concrete bridge. We could get a bigger down pour with this storm.

And I'm actually worried more about the wind and the trees that are over the house here than the water. Jim.

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-21-2005, 11:26 PM
Batten Down and Hit the High ground!

Be SAFE!

Bruce

Vaughn McMillan
09-22-2005, 12:15 AM
My thoughts are with all you Texans in the line of fire. I think Katrina proved it's worth the congested drive out of town. Good luck to you all.

- Vaughn

Chris Padilla
09-22-2005, 1:28 AM
Wow...earthquakes seems downright nice compared to all the storms the east and gulf are getting...god speed to everyone....

Jeff Sudmeier
09-22-2005, 8:24 AM
Ernie and all our other members that will be affected by this storm, I wish you the best of luck. Please leave early and protect your family.

Ken Garlock
09-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Ken, let's hope that holds true. My information was from earlier in the day, friend of a friend of a friend, you know how that goes. Anyway, this guy is a high water rescue person at one of the area fire departments, Roanoke I think,was on a conference call with FEMA and the National weather service, and this was brought up as a distinct possibility.
///snip///
And I'm actually worried more about the wind and the trees that are over the house here than the water. Jim.

Jim, either of us can only go with the information we have on hand at the time. We can surely use the rain. We have cracks in the ground that you can slide your entire hand into :eek: Good luck on the trees and the creek :)

Ron Journeau
09-22-2005, 10:03 PM
Geez Ernie, and all of you standing in harm's way...our thoughts and prayers will be for you this weekend. Be safe, and try to let us know if you need anything. I am far away up here in Montreal, but will gladly send what I can if you need it.

Jim O'Dell
09-23-2005, 1:31 PM
Lake Carles La. got marching orders yesterday. My BIL had to stay, works for Kerr McGee. But they let him go this am, if he can get out. Now some are talking about the DFW area getting little to no rain! As always, time will tell. Jim.

Don Baer
09-23-2005, 1:38 PM
I hope the darn thing just stays out in the gulf until it peters out.

Jeff Sudmeier
09-23-2005, 2:17 PM
It sure is good news that it was downgraded to a CAT3. At one point it was a CAT5, that would have been a monster!

Kevin Arceneaux
09-23-2005, 2:57 PM
Starting to get heavy rain here.

Gos food, ice, and most important - gas for my chainsaw.

Todd Burch
09-23-2005, 3:47 PM
No rain here yet, but the wind sure is picking up and the cloud cover is getting thicker.

Just thought I'd show off my woodworking skills with the house boarded up. This is the north side where we'll most likely get the brunt of the wind (please ignore the mold... the house is due to be painted when the weather cools off some. This house is not even 4 years old, and I've already JOMAXed it once. Lousy builder paint & lousy paint job). It's hardi plank on top above the porch and brick veneer below the porch. I used paint grade 3/4" birch ply - it's what I had. For fillers where I needed boards wider than 4', I used 1x12 birdseye pine - again, it's what I had. So, I would have to say that I have the best looking boarded up house on the block right now. (Actually, most houses are not boarded up, but have put masking or duct tape on the windows.)

So, I guess I'm as ready as I'll be. Let's get this over with.

Todd

John Miliunas
09-23-2005, 5:03 PM
Beautiful house, Todd. My prayers are with you that it stays that way and, more importantly, that you stay out of harm's way! Good luck to you and all the folks in the way of this cruelty Mother Nature is placing upon you.:) :cool:

Kevin Arceneaux
09-23-2005, 9:43 PM
yep the first tree fell. It was one that was leaning and in the process of dying. It was one of the top three that I really worried about. I had to cut part off to clear the drive. Missed the house. Pics tomarrow.

Roy Wall
09-23-2005, 9:49 PM
All you guys hang on!! Be safe - our prayers are with you!

Rob Bourgeois
09-23-2005, 10:21 PM
Starting to get heavy rain here.

Gos food, ice, and most important - gas for my chainsaw.

What no beer? I think you must not be a true Cajun. :p Hang on its going to be a long night. I will drink an Abita for you tonight. :)

Where about in Lafayette are you. I lived there for a while during and after college. I lived off of Kaliste Saloom and on West Broussard Rd near the big power substation.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-23-2005, 10:28 PM
West Butcher Switch Road, on the corner of I-49 and the frontage road.

Rob Bourgeois
09-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I know exactly where thats at. I used to drive past your house going to our research greenhouses.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Out there on Thoroughbred? I am the grey house accross from the Bingo hall.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-23-2005, 11:28 PM
Passed pretty close to the west of us, YEE HAW!!!!!!!

My cousin next door lost his power. He has more trees over his line, the line is on the west side of the trees and the wind is blowing about 40-50 with gusts, and a tree took it out. He has a lot longer run and more trees than me.

Rob Bourgeois
09-24-2005, 12:07 AM
Yep thats the place..That was about 6 years ago or longer. Small world. Keep your head down looks like your in for it for a while.

Looks like Holly Beach or Cameron is going to get the direct hit.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-24-2005, 6:40 AM
Good Morning All.

The power started going on and off about Midnight last night, so I shut it down.

I ended up falling asleep about 1:00 AM and just woke up a few minutes ago. It is still blowing, but it is not raining right now.

Todd Burch
09-24-2005, 8:44 AM
Not much going on here. Some rain. Light winds. Only damage so far is all the stinking screws holes in my house from boarding it up. ;)

Todd

Keith Starosta
09-24-2005, 8:55 AM
Not much going on here. Some rain. Light winds. Only damage so far is all the stinking screws holes in my house from boarding it up. ;)

Todd

Better safe than sorry, my man!! :)

I hope everyone stays safe.

Keith

Kevin Arceneaux
09-24-2005, 9:22 AM
This was a quick shot from the front door

This was my Peach tree, also notice the stick stuck in the ground in front of it.

Kevin Arceneaux
09-24-2005, 10:52 AM
A couple more

1. The tree that went down
2. Along side of my house

Tom Hamilton
09-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Well, Rita flirted with us but her heart was in Louisiana.

Pearland Tx is south of Houston on Hwy 288 (The Nolan Ryan Freeway!) about 10 miles and we did not experience the storms fury. We had 30-40 mph winds late yesterday afternoon, and then about 6PM the local weather guy said we would be on the western edge and would be OK. We left our daughter's house and drove 3 miles back to our home and slept well. We had very little rain and I will run the sprinklers tomorrow.

Today the plywood comes off the windows and the plants go back out side.

Amazing what a difference of 15-20 miles can make. Our eastern neighbors in Baytown and around NASA had much stronger winds and damage.

There are power outages all around us but our subdivision is all underground utilities and we escaped. The grocery stores are still closed, and probably empty anyway from the pre-storm buying, so it will be a couple of days until food and gas is available.

The govenor has asked folks to delay returning until power is back on and gas is back in the system. Apparently there are 70+ gas tankers in San Antonio ready to refill the retail distribution pipeline.

We are very fortunate and will be praying for those to the east who met Rita head-on.

TJH

Keith Foster
09-24-2005, 4:04 PM
Well, rode my first Hurricane last night. Luckily for the city of Katy the storm shifted up the coast before she hit. That put us on the "clean side" of the storm. Damage was minimal here and today the sun is shining and it's a beautiful day outside. Winds only got to about 50mph and there really wasn't much rain. We only lost power for a few seconds and then everything came back on. Damage to the house was virtually non-existant. A frayed nerve or two, a broken branch on a small tree, and I think the power outage toasted the NIC in the computer. Thought I was without Internet for awhile, but I'm on with a wireless connection to the laptop - so I'll have to assume the NIC in the desktop has gone on to greener pastures. Looks like the big guy upstairs was looking out for the family and I. As usual - looks like I owe him one.

Gas is non-existant and there are few if any stores open to restock anyone's pantry - so if you're from here and looking to come back in after evacuating, I'd suggest waiting. Not much to do here for the time being. :cool:

John Miliunas
09-24-2005, 4:58 PM
That's great news, Keith!:D Hard telling for sure from what we've seen on the tube, but it does look to have caused a bit less damage than originally anticipated. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what all the aftermath is when they're able to do a more detailed inventory of the destruction throughout the affected areas. Looks like still a big chance for widespread flooding. It does, however, appear that authorities and citizens were better prepared than they were for Katrina. I'm just hoping that with the less than expected damage, it doesn't put folks in a more relaxed state if another one should happen along.

Anyhow, glad to hear all is well by you! Hope the rest of the Creekers in the affected areas made out as well. Still looking to hear from Todd, whom I believe is in your area, correct? Prayers and best wishes still going out to all in those areas hit by this latest twist of Mother Nature's not so comical sense of humor.:) :cool:

Keith Foster
09-24-2005, 5:27 PM
I'm just hoping that with the less than expected damage, it doesn't put folks in a more relaxed state if another one should happen along.I assure you that will NOT be the case at my house. I gave myself a C- on being ready for this one. That won't happen again. I will have a generator, window shutters, bottled water, batteries, bread, and a minimum of 10 gallons of extra gas on hand. Those are the things I stupidly attempted to buy 3 days BEFORE Rita arrived - and they were already GONE! Well, I didn't try for the generator - but I'm pretty sure there were none to be found. :cool:

Wound up with Oatmeal Bread (yuck) and about 8 cases of cokes in various flavors - and I don't even like soda pops. For next season there will be bottled water, batteries for the radio, at least an inverter for the car (but likely a generator), and an extra supply of gas (can't even mow the lawn right now becasue I'm out and I can't find any). And I'm not gonna wait until one's on the horizon - this is something those of us on the coast need to do at the START of Hurricane season - not during. The fact that Katy only got a glancing blow is just plain dumb luck (and the grace of God). Like I said - this was my first brush with a Hurricane and it won't be my last. So I'm gonna chalk this one up as a learning leason - and I listened real good to the teacher - her name was Rita.

Todd Burch
09-24-2005, 5:31 PM
All is well here. Took the wood off the house this AM. It really didn't even get wet enough to degrade it, so... I'll be cutting off the ends with screw holes and putting it back in the stock pile. $$ saved.

Not too many resturants open back up yet. Like Keith, lost power for about 2 seconds around 8pm.

Praise the Lord this wasn't a true distaster area.

Todd

John Miliunas
09-24-2005, 5:47 PM
Awright, Todd!:D I'm glad you dodged the bullet! BUT, maybe you better save those pre-drilled wood pieces until the hurricane season is over and then put them back into stock! At the rate wood is going up now, it'd be a lot more expensive to replace them a month from now!:eek: God willing, you won't have to worry about that, but it's still better to be prepared. Take care and hope you folks can quickly resume "business as usual" in your area!:) :cool:

Keith Foster
09-24-2005, 6:47 PM
Just got back from a quick spin to the post office. It was closed! Where'd they put that motto again?? You know the one, somethin' bout gloom of night and all that stuff! :rolleyes:

Anyway, towns closed up tighter than Christmas. Saw two gas stations open and both had lines at least a block long. No grocery stores, no retail shops, nothin' at all. Well, Walgreens was open - but they're outta cookie dough. This is gonna take some getting use to... :cool:

John Miliunas
09-24-2005, 7:04 PM
Hey Keith, your last post is time-stamped at 5:47; 'Round these parts, the USPO is never open that late on a Saturday, even if it's sunny out!:rolleyes:

So, you guys obviously have electricity. The rest of your utilities in order, as well? Phone, gas, water, etc...? You guys must've gotten a shipment or two of petrol, as well, seeing as to how there are lines at the pumps. Guess that's a good thing, huh?:) It does sound as though you may have to wait a while before your next Borg trip, though!:D :cool:

Keith Foster
09-24-2005, 7:30 PM
All the utilities are functioning here in Katy - we were VERY lucky. As to the post office - yes they are ususally closed late Saturday here as well, but the front door has always been open to go in and check your PO Box or buy stamps from the machines. Not so today - door was locked and there wasn't any one in back like normal.

BORG on south Fry had a couple of workers on fork lifts moving pallets of goods from in front of the doors. I would imagine they will try to open in the morning. Just saw a news report showing long lines at one of the few grocery stores open in the area. Most of the stores are still waiting for their employees to make it back to town. We'll live - the LOML just pulled a couple of T-Bones out of the fridge. :D

Todd - what part of Katy are you in? I'm out in Seven Meadows.

Todd Burch
09-24-2005, 11:10 PM
Keith, I'm your next door neighbor in Grand Lakes!! I shop that (wish it was bigger) Borg!! I back up to Fry road, near the intersection @ Peek. You'll have to come over some time.

Keith Foster
09-25-2005, 7:17 AM
Keith, I'm your next door neighbor in Grand Lakes!! I shop that (wish it was bigger) Borg!! I back up to Fry road, near the intersection @ Peek. You'll have to come over some time.I'd like that. Been meaning to see if any "other" creekers are in the area and maybe invite the "gang" over to toss some burgers on the grill. Weather report says we are due for some relief from the heat next week, perhaps now would be a good time to set something up for early October.

Jim Becker
09-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Yea, Keith...you need to visit Uncle Todd. You're life will change when you see his fine work.

And I'm glad all of you fared well through the storm. (Todd, I guess that "redecoration" of your house scared the storm into taking a little right turn...:D )

Keith Foster
09-25-2005, 1:32 PM
I'd have to be better than mine - I'm just a tool collector! :cool:

Built a nice house on the farm, but other than that I push technology all day long. Itching to get started on some furniture, but gotta wait a few more weeks until it cools down. Had to go an pick a real hot summer to begin this "hobby". Suppose to be in the upper 90's today - AGAIN! Seems like the summer lasted longer this year than it has since I moved to the Houston area in 91.

Ernie Nyvall
09-28-2005, 2:14 PM
Wow, what a deal. We fled Rita the wrong way.:o:D We went to mother-n-law's in north west LA and got hit by some pretty high winds. Glad we were here though because she had two trees blow over across the road and into a neighbors yard. With the neighbors help and her chain saw we quickly got it out of the way. One huge pine that took the next day to cut in to small enough pieces to be picked up.

We got word that our home is intact in Dayton, TX but electricity is out for the next month. We just bought two 5600KW generators to run a few things when we get back, although we are being told not to return yet. We are out of the city limits though and will be self sustaining with the gens so as not to be a problem for the ones helping people in need, and maybe I can put my chainsaw to use cleaning up around others. There was no high water around our place so I think we are good to go tommorrow.

Thanks again,

Ernie

Brad Schmid
09-28-2005, 2:36 PM
Wow, what a deal. We fled Rita the wrong way.:o:D We went to mother-n-law's in north west LA and got hit by some pretty high winds. Glad we were here though because she had two trees blow over across the road and into a neighbors yard. With the neighbors help and her chain saw we quickly got it out of the way. One huge pine that took the next day to cut in to small enough pieces to be picked up.

We got word that our home is intact in Dayton, TX but electricity is out for the next month. We just bought two 5600KW generators to run a few things when we get back, although we are being told not to return yet. We are out of the city limits though and will be self sustaining with the gens so as not to be a problem for the ones helping people in need, and maybe I can put my chainsaw to use cleaning up around others. There was no high water around our place so I think we are good to go tommorrow.

Thanks again,

Ernie

Hi Ernie,
Glad to hear your home is intact and you are safe, although sorry to hear that it will be so long for your electricity to come back. If you need anything at all, don't be shy, give me a yell. I'm close enough I can give you a hand if you need it.

As Todd previously mentioned, we here in Katy were very lucky. No damage to speak of and just a few limbs and bird nests scattered on the yard when we returned Monday night. Can't complain a bit, even about the 9 hr, 114 mi evacuation drive to Luling, TX. We just feel very fortunate at this point.

Regards,
Brad

Keith Foster
09-28-2005, 4:18 PM
Can't complain a bit, even about the 9 hr, 114 mi evacuation drive to Luling, TX. We just feel very fortunate at this point.

Regards,
BradLuling - yuck! Tell me you've got family there. Not one of our state garden spots, unless the Watermelon Thump was going on... :D Ah yes, childhood memories of driving to Yoakum from Arlington and going through Luling to get there. Lovely aroma of oil whiffing throught the air... Of course, now days that IS the smell of money!

Didn't realize we had so many creekers in the Katy area! Brad, Todd, and myself makes 3 - anymore out there?

Ditto on the helping hand Ernie - let us know if you need anything.

Brad Schmid
09-28-2005, 6:15 PM
Luling - yuck! Tell me you've got family there. Not one of our state garden spots, unless the Watermelon Thump was going on... :D Ah yes, childhood memories of driving to Yoakum from Arlington and going through Luling to get there. Lovely aroma of oil whiffing throught the air... Of course, now days that IS the smell of money!

Didn't realize we had so many creekers in the Katy area! Brad, Todd, and myself makes 3 - anymore out there?

Ditto on the helping hand Ernie - let us know if you need anything.

Keith,
Luling hasn't changed much :D Oil smell is still just as bad, especially north of town. We actually went to Palmetto State Park which is a few miles South of I-10 at the Luling exit. When it started looking bad for Katy, we packed up the RV and headed out.

There's several more folks on SMC that are in our area. We're building up quite an entourage :cool: Mike Scoggins is my neighbor and another fellow SMCer.

If you decide to do a Katy area get together, count me in. I'm just about 5 miles from you up at I-10 and Grand Parkway in Governors Place.

Cheers,
Brad

Keith Foster
09-28-2005, 8:42 PM
I'm just about 5 miles from you up at I-10 and Grand Parkway in Governors Place.My wife's ex-boss lives in Governors Place (she retired and my wife took her position). Know the area well.

Luling isn't sooo bad. But it sure looks like the town took a step back in time. Whole place reminds me of something out of the 50's. Of course that can be good or that can be bad.... :)

Mike too ya say! OK, we gotta do a BBQ!

Todd Burch
09-28-2005, 8:46 PM
OK, I certainly don't want to belittle the horrible effects of Rita that other parts of Texas and Louisiana got, but this picture perfectly sums up the extent of damage from Rita on west Houston & in Katy.

Todd

Keith Foster
09-28-2005, 9:06 PM
I think that chair is totaled. See if you can get one of those FEMA cards to cover your damages...:D

I actually lost a branch to one of my trees. OK, so not a big branch. Well, maybe not a real branch. OK - IT WAS A TWIG! There now - are you happy! :cool:

Just kidding of course (well, not really - the twig did snap off in the wind). Seriously though, if anyone who got hit hard needs something then let me know. Lots of us West Houstonites feel like we owe 'ya one.

Ernie Nyvall
09-28-2005, 10:01 PM
OK, I certainly don't want to belittle the horrible effects of Rita that other parts of Texas and Louisiana got, but this picture perfectly sums up the extent of damage from Rita on west Houston & in Katy.

Todd

Ouch Todd, that had to be tuff to wake up to, and it looks like you could have slipped and fell on that wet deck and maybe rolled up against an out door socket that has e-l-e-c-tricity in it and got a shock. Do you need some help getting that chair back up? Whew... take it easy over there and be careful.:D

Ernie

Keith Foster
09-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Chair righting party at Todd's place! :p I figure with all us creekers in Katy we should be able to have that back up and functioning in a day or two. Might make a good weekend project. Who's got a chainsaw? :D

Ernie Nyvall
09-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Chair righting party at Todd's place! :p I figure with all us creekers in Katy we should be able to have that back up and functioning in a day or two. Might make a good weekend project. Who's got a chainsaw? :D

A chainsaw is a great idea. We can super glue the chair where it is and cut the deck around it at least a foot on each side. That will give us enough hand hold to set it up. We can set it up in front of the hole so tall people have a place to hang their feet and nail it to the railing so it wont blow over again. I think we got a plan.:D

Ernie

John Hart
09-29-2005, 7:40 AM
Glad to hear that y'all swam out ok. My vacation trip to Texas was pretty much turned upside down because of Rita...but only in terms of schedules. We were smart to put away the chairs though....otherwise, we would have suffered like Todd! :D

Talked to my Dad yesterday and they took no damage. The water rose 4 feet but never made it to the porch.

Carl Eyman
09-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Between insurance, FEMA, The Red Cross, Sal. Army, and "Faith Based Charities" reimbursed by the government that chair should be worth $200,000. After all, if N.O. and the Gulf Coast of Miss. is going to cost $200B and 1,000,000 are affected that is $200,000 each. Go for it.