PDA

View Full Version : Festool Surfix - Comments/Experience anyone?

Sam Murdoch
06-03-2016, 12:45 PM
A few interior projects coming up that will require an oil finish. Some horizontal flat surfaces to do but some verticals and small faces too.
Been a long time user of Waterlox Original and Watco. As with all they have their learning curves and +/-. I like them both but the long dry time for Waterlox can be a problem.

Wondering about the Surfix. I like that is intended to be polished with the Vlies pads within 15 minutes. That seems to make it a pretty
straight path to good results. Am I kidding myself?

Thanks for any productive comments especially from users. Looking forward to the feedback and/or reviews.

Sam Murdoch
06-04-2016, 8:31 AM
One Green Kool Aid that no one wants to drink huh?

Never mind :rolleyes: I just spent an hour over at the FOG reading the Suffix related posts. I am convinced that there is no advantage to using this system/oil over my tried and true techniques and products. Maybe a great table /bar top finish but otherwise considering - the expense, the clean up issues, and the not any better than other oils on details or vertical applications - I will pass.

Still open to be persuaded otherwise but considering the silence to my 1st post above I won't be getting much by way of refutation.

Jim Becker
06-04-2016, 11:36 AM
Not a lot of time for folks to respond... ;)

Personally, I'm not familiar with that particular tool.