PDA

View Full Version : One more for Lie Nielsen

Augusto Orosco
06-01-2016, 9:56 AM
This is probably not news to anyone anymore, but I feel good customer service that goes beyond what is required must always be acknowledged.

I ordered a LN tongue and groove plane that was back-ordered (was in no rush) and of course, had to add a little extra just because. In this case was their chip breaker screwdriver. After about a month, my plane got delivered and I opened the box, admired the plane and put it aside until it would be needed it. Only today it dawned on me that I had also bought the screwdriver, and went back to the shop to check in the box, but couldn't find it. I thought I had looked well initially, but there was certainly a possibility that I didn't notice it among the protective wrapping paper. I called LN and explained to them that I couldn't find the driver, so they checked with their shipping department and confirmed with their notes that it was in there. At this point, I was inclined to believe that I threw it away in the recycling bin with the packaging paper; it is a small thing after all. So, I thanked them, and told them that I trusted them and it was probably me who missed it and had tossed it away already. I have bought a lot from them over the years and never had a problem (I am just stating this for the forum, didn't say it to them because in my mind it would be a sneaky way of pressuring them to send me another one).

No matter, they called me back within one minute and told me that they felt bad, particularly because I had to wait for my back-ordered plane and were sending another screwdriver my way. I told them again that it wasn't necessary; that it was probably my fault; but they insisted regardless.

So there you go; just wanted to give public thanks to LN for good -and generous- customer service. More orders from me, of course, will continue as soon as my tool fund replenishes ...

Phil Stone
06-01-2016, 11:33 AM
When was the last time a company "felt bad" and called back? That's wonderful. I'm ordering a #4 smoother from them tonight, after a year of anticipation.

Normand Leblanc
06-01-2016, 1:17 PM
I've bought a large scraper plane from them a year ago. Maybe the problem was me or the plane but, in the end, I couldn't get it to work properly. I emailed them a few pictures of what I believed the problem was and I get a call from Deneb to help me with the plane.

Finally nothing worked and he offered me to return it...after a whole year.

This is something I will remember.