PDA

View Full Version : Cambodia Paduk Burl

Robert Cepek
09-21-2005, 8:39 AM
Hello All -

http://www.resorg.com/Website/graphics/ebay/images/Cambodia-Paduk-Burl.jpg

Let me first introduce myself, My name is Rob Cepek and I'm from Brooklyn, Ohio. I'm good friends with someone you all know, John Hart... About 2 Months ago John Gave me a lathe to play with and ever since then this new pen turning thing has turned me into an addict, can we say P.T.A. (Pen Turners Anonymous) "My name is Rob and I'm a pen turner". Okay anywho this is about my 15th pen I made and I have to say that I'm very impressed with it so far, I love this wood and the finish cam out very nice. I Sanded this pen to 2500 and then applied three coats of a CA/BLO finish to it. followed by a nice coat of RenWax. The picture does not give the pen justice, It has a nice shine but not a high gloss to it (I think I like it this way) I'm interested in what everyone else thinks as this will be my first pen posted for critiquing? Let err rip folks!!

Jeff Sudmeier
09-21-2005, 9:02 AM
WOW!!!

WOW!!!!

WOW!!!!

Your 15th pen!??!?! I think I am on about my 20th and I haven't done anything near that nice!! You have done a great job on that one. This post reminds me I realy have to get back out in the shop and master cigar pens, I have tried 3 times and none of them have turned out!

Karl Laustrup
09-21-2005, 9:03 AM
Welcome Bob.

John is certainly a nice guy to allow you to become addicted as you have become. :D

That is a very beautiful pen. You should be very proud of your accomplishment.

Karl

Robert Cepek
09-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Just to clarify for everyone, when I said this was my 15th pen, I meant to say that this was my 15th Cigar Pen. Thanks for the the nice remarks

Glenn Hodges
09-21-2005, 1:00 PM
Really beautiful pen, now has your penmanship improved? If you keep turning them out like this you will be the pen turning champ around here. Thanks for the picture, it is a winner. You can always blame John for starting you on this turning stuff.

Bruce Shiverdecker
09-21-2005, 4:53 PM
Purdy stuff there. Makes a very nice pen, Rob. Keep up the good work.

Bruce

Keith Burns
09-21-2005, 5:31 PM
Got to tell ya that is a great looking pen ! :D

Jim Ketron
09-21-2005, 6:40 PM
Nice Job Robert! Beautiful work!

Dick Parr
09-21-2005, 9:14 PM
Really nice looking pen Robert, the wood is beautiful.

Robert Cepek
09-22-2005, 1:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I will be posting some more of my owrk in the future. You guys and gals are great!

Matthew Poeller
09-22-2005, 2:17 PM
I agree with every one else. I have turned a couple more than 15 pens and that is nicer than the ones that I have been turning lately.

Great Job.....