PDA

View Full Version : Blue Light Diode Laser

Bill George
05-28-2016, 3:51 PM
First I want to point out that the blue and violet laser light is extremely dangerous to your eyesight and those exposed to the focused light or reflected light. I have built amber shielding for the machine and have the proper safety glasses for visitors.

I purchased off a eBay vender Pretty Worth Shop, paid with PayPal and it was at my door via DHL air 8 days later. It worked out of the box, the software works ok.... for now anyway.
Its very portable and could run off a 12 volt battery system as well as my laptop could. I use Corel Draw and Export into the image program as a Bitmap file. The other program is a gCode downloader that lets you do vectors or any other type of file you can make a gcode out of via Inkscape and a plug in.
I did a graphic or text in the middle of a 8 foot long board, no pass thou doors needed. :)

Bert Kemp
06-02-2016, 3:25 PM
I couldn't find Pretty Worth Shop or even a laser like this on ebay.:confused:

Keith Downing
06-02-2016, 3:37 PM
Interesting setup! I'm curious to know what that kit cost if you don't mind sharing.

Gary Hair
06-02-2016, 4:48 PM
"http://stores.ebaydotcom/prettyworth-electronics?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Bill George
06-02-2016, 7:42 PM
Interesting setup! I'm curious to know what that kit cost if you don't mind sharing.

I think it was $545 to my door. Right now I am trying to get the Gcode loader to work with files made from InkScape and the JTech plug in. Something about the on and off commands. Only need for vector or cutting files. The engraving or raster software works fine.
The only part that needed assembled was attaching the laser module to the carriage, two screws.

I am still in the learning curve, it does a wonderful job of engraving on wood.

I purchased to do portable laser work, but its not for all materials.

So the major issue so far is the gcode sender. I may replace the board with a standard Arduino Uno and gshield to run the common programs available. Cost should be around $75 or so.

Update: So after trying everything to get the gcode vector cutting working. I finally un-installed the new Inkscape and installed the one what came with the machine dated 2014 or so, and the Chinese driver or extension that came with and ding, it worked fine. The supplied Extension converts a object as a box, circle or whatever into gcode for the machine.

Bill George
06-13-2016, 10:19 PM
Ok, still working on the new control system and my newly purchased Nortons Security found a Virus in the Chinese laser software. Will be doing scans on all my computers. Malwarebytes did not find!

Jerome Stanek
06-14-2016, 7:10 AM
Ok, still working on the new control system and my newly purchased Nortons Security found a Virus in the Chinese laser software. Will be doing scans on all my computers. Malwarebytes did not find!

Are you sure it is a virus there was a thread on one forum that covered this it is not really a virus

Bill George
06-14-2016, 8:37 AM
Are you sure it is a virus there was a thread on one forum that covered this it is not really a virus

100% sure it was a Trojan horse or similar that installed the Ransomware. Lost it all and had to go to a backup hard drive. I am a believer in Norton's. Malwarebytes did not stop it.

Jerome Stanek
06-14-2016, 10:27 AM
100% sure it was a Trojan horse or similar that installed the Ransomware. Lost it all and had to go to a backup hard drive. I am a believer in Norton's. Malwarebytes did not stop it.

How long have you been using the laser software.

Bill George
06-14-2016, 12:31 PM
How long have you been using the laser software.

Maybe three weeks or so, all removed. It may not have been that software but Norton's found on a file being transferred. May have been from a couple of other sources. In over 30 years of computing this is my 2nd virus. I am pretty darn careful.
Going to a real Arduino control system anyway.