PDA

View Full Version : Mast-R-Lift II Not Flat

Chuck Hart
05-27-2016, 10:41 PM
I just got the lift today and it has ripples or waves in the face of the plate. Seems to me someone wrote about this recently. I can't find the thread can someone point me to the thread. Every search I do gives me stuff that is a year old or more. :confused: I would like to know what happened with his.

Larry Frank
05-28-2016, 8:05 AM
That has to be frustrating after spending a bunch on it.

I assume you contacted the company. What did they say.

Jared Sankovich
05-28-2016, 9:02 AM
If it looks like mine, you are seeing the machining marks, where they faced the plate perfectly flat. If so it's normal, all machined surfaces will show some pattern left from the tool.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v695/jar944/rps20160528_084452_850_zpsrfo9qstg.jpg

These machining marks are well under .001" and are not decernable other than visually

Steven Wayne
05-28-2016, 11:24 AM
I have six of these lifts and they are all dead flat. Do you have a quality straight edge you can check it with? I suspect you are seeing the surface of the plate after machining vs. it actually not being flat.

Chuck Hart
05-28-2016, 6:59 PM
The face plate had ridges in it that I could feel. They looked almost like waves or ripples in the surface and you could feel the ridges at the hole for the router. I bought it through Amazon and it was delivered through Valley Mountain Tools. Amazon already refunded my money and I am going to buy it through another company.

Steven Wayne
05-29-2016, 1:31 PM
Chuck, Can you post a photo?