PDA

View Full Version : cleaning Trotec honeycomb table

Graham Taylor
05-24-2016, 3:49 AM
I want to give my honeycomb table a really good clean so is there any reason why I couldn’t use one of the door stripping companies to dip it for me to clean it properly?

Would the acid(?) they use damage the actual honeycomb and frame?

Mike Null
05-24-2016, 7:47 AM
If the honeycomb is aluminum you have to be certain that they do not use a caustic material as that will attack the metal. If it is steel then a caustic would be ok. I use a product called Krud Kutter but doubt that it's available in the UK.

Dave Sheldrake
05-24-2016, 9:09 AM
doors are stripped with sodium hydroxide (caustic soda)

Raphael Weil
05-25-2016, 6:53 AM
I was eventually just hoping to use an aluminium cleaner from Amazon?

michael croft
06-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Deep soak in a solution of Astonish liquid cleaner (ebay) for 24 hrs then blast off with power jet.

Graham Taylor
06-03-2016, 2:53 PM
Just need to find something big enough for the table to sit in now

thanks gents

David Somers
06-03-2016, 5:43 PM
Graham, Use some thick plastic or rubber sheeting from a pond supply company and make a shallow "pond" for it to lay in. Make sure you have a way to drain it cleanly. Perhaps make a low table for it with old plywood and cinder blocks or bricks, then make the pond out of the rubber sheet. Soak it and get what you need done, then put a bucket under a corner and use the rubber to drain into the bucket from that corner. I used to use this technique to treat wood with a chemical that helped keep it from cracking.

Keith Winter
06-03-2016, 7:54 PM
Just need to find something big enough for the table to sit in now

thanks gents

Kiddie pool? :D

Michael which astonish liquid cleaner there are a ton on ebay?

Ivan Shuliak
06-04-2016, 1:12 PM
Pressure washer? Should clean it within seconds :)

Chris Edens
06-11-2016, 9:01 PM
I have always used Krudcutter and had good results.