PDA

View Full Version : design jumping

Ron Sleeman
05-21-2016, 8:59 PM
Here are 2 designs my daughter-in-law did. The first one came out great, when she put the board in the second time. The design went wavey on her. It is a Epilog 24'' mini 40 watt. This is her machine now & I would like to get this fixed before I leave home to my Speedy 400...lol

Thanks Ron337838337839

Mike Null
05-21-2016, 10:12 PM
Ron
Just a shot in the dark, but this could be a communication issue. I would disconnect the cable between the pc and the laser; examine it and reconnect it.

Tony Lenkic
05-21-2016, 10:28 PM
Dirty strip encoder possible cause.

Keith Winter
05-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Happens to me about once a week engraving on my speedy 300. Not sure what causes it but it's fine other than that randomly once a week for us. Interested to hear others ideas on what causes this.

Kev Williams
05-21-2016, 11:54 PM
IF you have an encoder, THEN it's the problem-- 99% sure anyway, ;)

My Explorer started doing precisely the same thing a few months ago, the engraving kept 'walking' to the right.

This thing has an encoder disk on the back of the X servo motor, just a very thin plastic disk about an inch in diameter, it passes thru a slot in a hall-effect switch. It was quite dirty, and even had a kink in it (or looked like it did). I removed it, cleaned it, the kink was gone once I put it back together and it's been engraving perfectly ever since.

Braden Todd
05-22-2016, 12:00 AM
I'd try cleaning your encoder strip. If issue remains flip your flex cable, if this solves it order a new one. If the previous ideas don't work it could be your encoder reader.

In 8ish years my issues have generally fallen to the flex cable or a dirty encoder strip.

Let me me know if you need help with any of the suggested fixes.

Good luck!

Keith Winter
05-22-2016, 1:23 AM
Where is the encoder strip on the Trotec s?

Ron Sleeman
05-22-2016, 3:08 AM
Thanks everyone, again great ideas. Will check in the morning. I did cleaned the encoder strip tonight.

Larry Alles
05-22-2016, 12:22 PM
It could also be the gear on the motor that drives the belt is full of dirt. This happened to me a few times. It is hard to remove the dirt. Try using a
tooth pick as not to harm the gear. The belt slips over the gear an causes the problem. Good luck.

Ron Sleeman
05-23-2016, 10:03 PM
Well I took off the encoder & cleaned under it well. Now it's working great, plus we cleaned the encoder strip. Thanks for all your help, now I can go home & run my Speedy...lol

Thanks Ron