PDA

View Full Version : PSI Tempest Cyclone

Dave Fritz
05-20-2016, 6:35 PM
Wondering if anyone has one and if so would it be possible to shorten the suggested length of the hose between the cyclone and the collection barrel without damaging the unit's function? I only have 7 foot 3 inch clearance between the floor and a garage door opening rail. The units are listed at a height of 8 feet. I need nine more inches for the top of the motor to put it where I'd like it to go. The hose between the cyclone is listed at 12 inches so I'd like to make it only 3 inches if my figuring is correct.

I should add I called the company and all tech reps. were busy on my first try. On my second call I got put on hold and I think the guy went somewhere else because he didn't come back. After five minutes on hold I disconnected the call.

Terry Tjaden
05-20-2016, 8:34 PM
Wondering if anyone has one and if so would it be possible to shorten the suggested length of the hose between the cyclone and the collection barrel without damaging the unit's function? I only have 7 foot 3 inch clearance between the floor and a garage door opening rail. The units are listed at a height of 8 feet. I need nine more inches for the top of the motor to put it where I'd like it to go. The hose between the cyclone is listed at 12 inches so I'd like to make it only 3 inches if my figuring is correct.

I should add I called the company and all tech reps. were busy on my first try. On my second call I got put on hold and I think the guy went somewhere else because he didn't come back. After five minutes on hold I disconnected the call.

I have the same unit and shortened the hose to five inches and it works fine. Not sure I would make it much shorter as you need some clearance to slide out the barrel. Another option would be to replace the barrel with a shorter version. You could even build a wooden box if necessary.

Good luck.

Thomas Canfield
05-20-2016, 9:20 PM
Terry gave good advice. I was lucky and able to shorten a 55 gal plastic lidded barrel that had a couple of bulge areas to give grip and that gave me about 30 gal or 20 gal of dust. You do need to flex the hose to get the container out in any case.