PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw virus?

Robert Engel
05-19-2016, 10:57 AM
So yesterday needed to make a few simple cuts, right?

Go to my Jet 12" bandsaw start it up, 1" into the cut and it starts jumping. Bottom tire came off and got chewed up.

OK, I go to my other 19" Rikon, turn it on, notice the blade is twitching like there's a kink in it. It's a fairly new resaw blade, too and was find the last time I used it last week.

I notice the guide bearing are WAY off. ?????

Nobody uses my shop but me...................now I'm wondering if I am having a night visitor.

:-D Have a good one!

Andrew Hughes
05-19-2016, 12:22 PM
I hear Robert,I have weird stuff happen in my shop alot.I buy pencils by the boat load I'm always looking for a pencil.And why don't ever remember sharpening short ones.:confused:

Cody Colston
05-19-2016, 1:02 PM
I buy pencils by the boat load I'm always looking for a pencil.:confused:

You too, huh? I go through a cord of pencils in a year, I think. Never have one handy when I need it, either.

Robert, I think gremlins sneak into our shops at night and wreak all kinds of havoc.

Jim Finn
05-19-2016, 7:19 PM
It may be the nite shift goofing off. I know my nite shift never sweeps the floor..... <grin>

Sean Troy
05-21-2016, 9:07 AM
Band Saw Tires don't just come off. Someone is screwing with you and that kind could be dangerous.

Bill Ryall
05-22-2016, 6:56 AM
You too, huh? I go through a cord of pencils in a year, I think. Never have one handy when I need it, either.

Robert, I think gremlins sneak into our shops at night and wreak all kinds of havoc.

I'm glad it's not just me. I always joke I must have a Magical Pencil Stealing Fairy in the shop. What I really need is a Magical Shop Cleaning Fairy, but can't seem to find one.

Bill Rhodus
05-22-2016, 10:02 AM
I'm having a similar problem in the house. I find the milk jug in the cupboard with the glasses, the water running in the sink, and the front door open. When i review the security tape i only see me in the house. I am beginning to get really spooked. Or forgetful.