PDA

View Full Version : Hey Dave Anderson!

Ken Fitzgerald
05-18-2016, 11:45 PM
Today as I enjoyed a good sack lunch looking across String Lake at Grand Teton, I thought of you. Later as we took in Upper Mesa Falls, I realized I was seeing one of Idaho 's hidden gems!

Dave Anderson NH
05-19-2016, 12:06 PM
Without a doubt the Tetons are my favorite area. Cascade Canyon, Jenny Lake, Lupine Meadows, and the list goes on. While not technically difficult, my most exhilarating climb there was free soling the Middle Teton.

Ken Fitzgerald
05-19-2016, 6:12 PM
I managed to get some photos at Jenny Lake.

It wasn't too far from there we stopped to photograph a sow grizzly with two, 1 year old cubs.

Lee Schierer
05-19-2016, 7:58 PM
I managed to get some photos at Jenny Lake.

It wasn't too far from there we stopped to photograph a sow grizzly with two, 1 year old cubs.

No photos, it didn't happen.......:rolleyes:

Ken Fitzgerald
05-21-2016, 9:50 PM
Well it did happen!

En route to this:

We came upon Momma and her twin 1 year old cubs......as seen here:

The one unusual siting we had, I discovered and the guide confirmed. Unfortunately, nobody was able to get a photo. I happen to see a black wolf. It grabbed what we believe was a marmot and threw it over it's shoulder. It placed it on the ground and proceeded to scratch grass on it. It then went about marking it's territory. It all happened in a matter of seconds and then it disappeared. To my knowledge nobody got a photo. I didn't have time to get my DSLR out of the case.

Lee Schierer
05-22-2016, 8:07 AM
Very nice Ken. We saw this sow and cubs in Denali during our Alaska visit.337881 We also saw this guy just down the road. He stoppedour tour bus for about 10 minutes before he decided we could pass by.337882