PDA

View Full Version : drawer width soft closing

michael foster
05-18-2016, 6:17 PM
I am making a series of pull out shelves/drawers. One set of the drawers is 29". I have in the past with regular side mounted runners built these drawer/shelves as wide as 36" without a problem. Once did a single drawer at 36" with a soft close runner and it worked fine. KV is recommending a maximum width of 24". Has any one experience a problem with the soft closed runners and drawers as wide as 29".
I thanked some people that gave their thoughts on questions I had on soft mounted soft closing slides but I don't see it in the posts for that thread.How do I go about doing that.
Michael

Martin Wasner
05-18-2016, 6:57 PM
Our rule is anything over 32" it goes from a 563 to a 569 and the stabilizer gets added on. Makes an expensice drawer, but when you're blowing big money on cabinets, who cares about another $35.

That tandem stabilizer works remarkably well. I had severe doubts, but I was impressed how well it actually worked. It does add some drag. I had a set of 12" deep drawers of various heights that were 42" wide, the self close had trouble on those. The 12" and 15" don't have as long a pull for the self closing part as the 18" and 21" do either.

Martin Wasner
05-18-2016, 7:00 PM
To clarify, I use almost exclusively Blum undermounts. The max you can do with the stabilizer is 52" I think. I'm not sure I'd allow a customer to have one that big.