PDA

View Full Version : More Stuff

Glenn Hodges
09-20-2005, 12:22 PM
I just finished buffing these 3 pieces today. The wild black cherry NE shows how I filled in the void with coffee grounds and then used malachite to do the same. It was roughed turned, dried with DNA, then returned. I have had trouble with oak cracking, except live oak and swamp chestnut oak, and this red oak turned out with a few small cracks which I filled with black CA. The walnut NE was turned green from start to finish, and the bark seperated from the sapwood so I used black CA glue to fix it. It seem I spend a lot of my time fixing stuff. As always your comments are welcomed.

Chris Daigh
09-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Glen your NEs are great. I love the contrast of the walnut and sap. I can't wait to try them.

Mark Cothren
09-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Hey Glenn, those are sure some very nice ones! Love the NE bowls especially!

Thanks for the pictures!

Dick Parr
09-20-2005, 2:49 PM
Outstanding Glenn as usual. Love those NE bowls, as I have about given up on turning oak anymore. Me and Oak just don't get along. :eek:

Wonderful job Glenn ;)

Michael Stafford
09-20-2005, 3:48 PM
Sheesh, Glenn, what can I say except world class. Nothing but the best from you. Beautiful stuff. The natural edged pieces are just art collector quality. Congratulations! :D

Keith Burns
09-20-2005, 5:42 PM
What can I say but great looking pieces!:D

Dennis Peacock
09-20-2005, 7:21 PM
Outstanding pieces......simply outstanding.

I can't say I like the O-o-o-o-a-a-a-a-ak-k-k-k, there I said it....the oak piece. Nothing against your wonderful piece....I just learned to dislike oak because everybody wants stuff made out of Oak. One would think that the only wood in the world is Oak......Sheesh!!!!

Very nice Glenn. the NE's are simply perfect.!!!!!! :D