PDA

View Full Version : Busy day today

steven c newman
05-17-2016, 8:39 PM
And now time for a few "Cold ones"

First off, The Boss wanted a blind on the backdoor repaired with a new one.....New one needed those clips down at the bottom, to keep it from flopping around, used self-drilling drywall screws into the steel skin of the door...and had the driver tip drill into a finger...messy.

Next, since i was on a roll, tried to resaw on the bandsaw....
But had to tear it down first. Lower guides needed adjusted, allowing the tracking to go back to the middle of the wheel. Cutting 4/4 x 4 stock for the Rocker...

Moved that 30 pounds of Mitrebox off the bench and out of the way...whew:rolleyes:

Spent a bit of time rehabbing a $3 spokeshave I picked over the Birthday Weekend
all ready to go. Ok, NOW can I work on that rocker?
Front leg/post test fitted to the rocker..
Made the notch in the post a might too wide. Will do better on the next one..
That's better. Tools for this mess?
Backsaw to make the cuts on the ends..
Just the usual suspects... Wanted to fit up one side, to get some seat measurements. The rear post needed to be at an angle to the rocker, but square to the other post. Need the length for the rail that holds the seat rails.
Getting there. Having a few "hard" Root Beers and taking things a bit slow right now. maybe tomorrow I can get some more done?

Will start this as a new thread for the rocker build, so...stay tuned. I have a completion date of about August of this year.....might make it...:rolleyes:

steven c newman
05-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Day two about to get started? maybe, depends on what the Boss wants to do today.......

Whether to go ahead and complete this side, and THEN start on the other side, or........catch the other side up. Will see how things go...

Need my pills, and my Mountain Dews, first......otherwise it could get ugly in the mornings, around the Dungeon Shop....

Pat Barry
05-18-2016, 11:57 AM
Hi steven, curious about the leg attachment method you chose. What was the biggest reason for the bridle joint as opposed to a standard type round tenon into a round hole? Sorry about your finger - I know the feeling for sure. If I had a dollar for every time ....

steven c newman
05-18-2016, 2:24 PM
Have seen way too many round tenons fail on rockers, or, they get loose over time, and the rocker just falls off. I can pin the joints, to keep them in place better.

Finger just got aggravated....had a few Wallie World sacks to bring into the house, just now......yep, was soon reminded which finger NOT to use...

steven c newman
05-18-2016, 8:16 PM
Day two: New blade installed on bandsaw. A little resaw to do. Then some plane work
Stanley No.5 T-17 (or so) I wanted to erase the saw marks
Left by the bandsaw.
Not too bad. I made a pair of rails, one for the seat, and one below that..
Marked the ends for a tenon. Some saw work..
Until they looked like these..
Laid out for a couple mortises..
This is on the front post. Lots of chopping later, on both mortises...
Had to cut a flat, where the rail met the post. Front post is...done. Need to work to get the back post done.

Then, I can start all over again on the other side. Then, I can work on the seat and back rest. Arm rest will get attached last. Working at the speed of......smell....

steven c newman
05-19-2016, 8:40 PM
I guess this can wait a day or three? Yard sales today, and on through Saturday.. Spent $2 on a plastic bucket..
Also inside that bucket?
Along with a bunch of brushes, and a couple tape measures
And that tiny pair of pliers. Still taking inventory....The three bits were from a Restore place we stopped at. The bit exentsion came from this metal box..
Just a drill..
and a charger and battery..
$8.22 altogether, today....well, it's a start, at any rate. Atleast it is more fun than chopping mortises.....

steven c newman
05-20-2016, 2:00 PM
Ok, that Ratchet Socket Tool is from Shelton, The bit extension is by Irwin. The one slip joint plier is labeld a Winchester. The tiny needle nose is a Boker. Countersink bit is a Stanley. Yankee #41 for the push drill, by North Bros. MFG Co.

Another day, another Rust Hunt, cut short today, only one place had anything I was looking for......mostly broken, though. One eggbeater, and two other strange objects. Will post if and whenI get them cleaned up....

Eggbeater has a NO 5 stamped into the crank handle......shaft has two gears. hollow handle is missing the cap. Side handle is MIA....chuck is three jaws, and has a set screw for some reason. Brass ferrel on the handle, more info as I go along

Another has a "Sppedbar" profile.......except it has a wooden knob. Arm was apparently bare. M-B Tool Co. of PROV, RI?? Business end? has two jaw like things that pivot on a bolt/wing nut. Will research, later. Something about "Pat. Allowed"?

Third item......will wait until a photo can describe it better.....

Oh, and from that plastic bucket.....OXWALL 3460-15 tack/nail puller. Not rosewood handle, but still red. Chrome ferrel.

steven c newman
05-20-2016, 6:54 PM
Photos of today's "haul", wasn't all that much..
This strange contraption, with a scary business end..
Not sure where that spring goes. B-M Tool Co. Prov. R.I?

This pointy thingy. No markings at all save where someone made an "X". Doesn't seem to be a brake tool. Might straight the pointy end out, handle it, and clean out mortises with it...
Have found a NO. 5 on the crank, nothing else. The cap from my Millers Falls 2-01 is way too big for this size. Ring gear is red, though.

Haven't a clue as to the first two, the eggbeater MIGHT be a No. 5 by millers falls? never seen a set screw into the side of a chuck, before...

steven c newman
05-21-2016, 1:50 PM
Ok, rain inthe area, kind of ruined the rust hunting this weekend,soooooback into the shop

had to chop and fit a couple more house M&T joints, so I could get side #1 assembled up...
And, clamp the other rocker to this first side, to transfer a few marks over. Bridle joints were chopped
for both posts. removing an 1/8" from each face
Just a bit of chisel work. As for the posts, where they slip over the rockers, needed a notch, sawn, and the waste removed
rasps, chisel, coping saw helped too. Got both post done
Soo, now, I get to lay out where the stretchers for this side go, to match the other side. Then I'll need to resaw two stretchers to size. Maybe after a cold one? A bit tuckered out, right now.

I did get the two stretchers resawn out. Will need to hit them with the jack plane, and get them nice and straight, and smooth. Need to start cut some seat parts....sometime, and work on a back...the rocker's, my back is beyond fixing...

steven c newman
05-22-2016, 11:41 AM
Made a mess on the floor, didn't it? And just what was behind all these shavings?
Just this parts plane, is all..
Stanley #5 type 17..I think. Got the two stretchers for the other side sawn, and planed square. Time to cut some tenons
Lines are 3/16" in from each face. There is a line around the bottom of the cut. Not concerned with how long the tenon is, it is the length between the tenons I need to keep intact
I merely saw down til I just touch the line. I flip things around in the vise a few times
Something like this is what I end up with. Both ends of both stretchers. Then turn it sideways to saw this part of the tenons
Once both ends are completely done( Hey, no drooling on my planes, now)
I can then layout the mortises on each post, marking which end is where on the stretcher, and which side goes up.
Waiting on a couple chisels to get sharpened up, chopping into Pine is a bit hard on them...

IF I get back down to the shop today, I can chop all four mortises. Might just glue the sides up, later. easier to set them aside that way, while I'm working on the rest of the parts. Need to go and get a few angles measured, where the front and back meets the sides.....thinking it is around 85 degrees....will check the pattern rocker to find out.

Oh, and yes, I did sweep the floor, before I left the shop....

steven c newman
05-22-2016, 9:57 PM
had to take a break today...issues with Vertigo. Little over a year ago, lost all but the outside of the right ear. No inner ear on that side.....balance gets a bit iffy some days....head colds seem to bring it on a bit.

Might float down to the shop later.....since I sit on a stool when I am chopping mortises.......and have a record of never falling off of a Bar Stool....might be worth a shot?

Stew Denton
05-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Hi Steven,

If you are going to have a rule that no one can drool on your planes, then you can't have them out in plane site like that. By the way, the picture of the planes has me wondering. Are they respectively from left to right a 7, 6, 5 1/2, 5, 5, 5 1/4, 4, 4, 4? The sizes made me wonder, and the relative lengths don't quite seem to fit my guess. Just being nosey.

You do have a pretty nice flock of planes, and you are in pretty good shape on block planes.

The picture of the plane storage, which you have shown before, does seem handy.

Hope the finger is feeling more chipper. Pat spoke for virtually all of us, but I would word it "been there done that."

Reminds me of a thing in MAD magazine from over 50 years ago, I can't remember the story but it was something about a handyman, and advise on how not to hit your ear lobe with the claws of a claw hammer....you tape your ear down....that way you have a cleaner shot at your thumb......

Stew

steven c newman
05-22-2016, 11:52 PM
Left to right on the planes...Stanley No.7c,T-9, Stanley No.6c,T-10, Stanley No.5-1/2,T-17, Stanley No. 5c, T-9, Millers Falls No.14, T-2, Millers Falls No. 11, T-3, Millers Falls No.9, T-2, Millers Falls No.8, T-3, Sears Craftsman 3c,bb ( millers falls made, #8 size) Above that is a Wards #3 ( Stanley, WWII Type) and a Stanley No. 4, T-13.

Block planes keep changing as I go along, about half are Stanleys, the other half are Millers Falls. Hanging over the back, up at the top, are two drawknives....spokeshaves go under the till. Someday, I might get it organized a bit better...

steven c newman
05-23-2016, 3:06 PM
Wondering what to use to pin all these joints with.....hardwood dowels? Brass rods...$$$, ouch! Old nails ground off flush?

Getting close to a glue up happening. Will get both side frames all glued up, before the rest can start...

steven c newman
05-23-2016, 6:27 PM
One down....one to go
Just clamped up the second side. Went out to the Pattern rocking chair, and transfer a couple lines to a blank. Blank to go under the seat's slats. Front, back, and one in the middle.....don't want any large "foundations" to bow the center down, right.

Slats will be resawn things. Doubtful IF they will be all that flat. maybe 1/4" thick, or so?

Trying to figure out a curve for the back, and still have the back's slats come out right. Pattern rocker is just two flat 5/4x 6s with 1/4" slats....kind of hard on my back.

Right now, have the joints "pinned" with brads....will change out when the proper pins arrive...

Stew Denton
05-23-2016, 8:55 PM
Hi Steven,

What are you thinking about on the slats to get the curve: saw in the curve with a band saw or bow saw, steam and bend, cut thing slats and glue up on a curved form, or something else, or did I read your latest incorrectly?

You mention about trying to get your plane tray more organized.....but compared to me your set up is a wonder of organization. I like your set up if it works for you....you know...Kiss.....keep it simple. I hope to have good place to work someday. My plane storage will be different from yours, probably, but I don't think it will be better....you know...if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Stew

steven c newman
05-23-2016, 11:01 PM
A little bandsaw work
Followed by a lot of this sort of thing
Don't have them fancy circular/compass planes. Used a spokeshave as well.

Seat supports?
Set up for about a 1" long tenon on each end. Then flat slats will get attached to these. That first curved thing was for the crest rail. Slats will get tenoned into it.

Worked on the bottom rail for the back a bit....rough sawn to S4S with the jack plane..
Made a big pile of pine shavings..
As for that plane till. Not happy with the block planes stowage. Going to move a couple dividers around, so the block planes match the same direction as the bench planes.....nose up? Nose down? Have 8 block planes to put...somewhere.

Stew Denton
05-24-2016, 12:34 AM
Hi Steven,

It looks like your almost out of room, you may have to fiddle around with them to get all of the block planes to fit your storage set up like you want them.

One trick that will help is don't buy any more planes. I can give that vise (correct that...should read "advise").... easily.....my problem is I just seem to have trouble on following my own advise when I see a bargain on a tool I think I need. SWMBO has a bad habit of asking me if I really NEED that. Sometimes it is hard to give a good answer to that question. It's been easier for me not to buy anything lately though, unless it is a small tool because I don't have much of a place to work and even less storage room.

If you get the storage of the block planes like you like them be sure to post a picture. I really like looking at storage options, as someday I hope to build some of my own, and I think the more good options I see, the more likely I will end up with something that works well for me. (I am not super optimistic on that though, because I have brought the science of disorganization to a very high level of perfection.)

Anyway, the post and pictures is much appreciated. I enjoy seeing how folks build stuff....maybe some of these days I will get to do some of that. Right now, though too many irons in the fire, especially at work.

Too many hours, too much work, too few people to do it. Your rust hunt reports, as well as those by Jim and others, are also fun to read. The rust hunting in our area is EXTREEMELY limited, but on the other hand it keeps me out of trouble. There was a laythe for sale last weekend, I found out later it was a friends garage sale and he gave it away to another fellow we both know. I didn't even go look at it as there is no way I have a place to put it. Had I gone he very likely would have tried to give it to me, but it would not have mattered, no place to put it,.....sigh......

Stew

steven c newman
05-24-2016, 12:44 AM
LOL....just don't ask to see the til for the almost 30 handsaws......I need to add a few more long screws to the overhead beams....

Hmmm, have to go on a short road trip in the morning, have a spokeshave (#3!!! to go with the other two) and yet another block plane....hey, it IS one model I don't have.........

Stew Denton
05-24-2016, 12:50 AM
Hey Steven,

Don't even talk about handsaws, that is worse than planes. Sad to admit that I am not a long way behind you if I count every type of handsaw I have......I have to remind myself.....you don't need any more hand saws.....but I hope to have some back saws and want to build a bow saw or two.....no room....what do you do. (Boy, if I saw a Disston #12 cheap though, for a Disston #12 I would figure out how to make room....if it was cheap enough.)

Stew

steven c newman
05-24-2016, 8:15 AM
Just a few are just hanging around..
About a third of mine.....

steven c newman
05-24-2016, 1:39 PM
20 minute road trip, each way..
Spokeshave from Seymour Smith & Son, the block plane is a Stanley
Seems to be a little bit of a 9-1/2 style?
Japanning is black, a label/decal on the cap iron is yellow with black lettering.

Busy morning.....

steven c newman
05-24-2016, 10:30 PM
Head count for those block planes in the shop? Now at 10. Re-arranged the till a bit, still not enough room...
Might have to hang a drawer or two underneath it? Work how much this thing weighs right now...
Block plane is a late model 9-1/2 by Stanley
Still needs a new edge ground and honed on the iron. Spokeshave?
Cleaned up nicely, but needs honed. I might have a few too many of these, as well..
I also cleaned a Yankee No. 41, that was in a $2 bucket of..."junk"
It even has 6 drill points inside the handle. It might just be worth the $2 for the bucket...
Along with all the other "treasures that were inside..
Six paint brushes did hide quite a bit, eh...

steven c newman
05-25-2016, 1:55 PM
Well, Isuppose I'd better get back to the shop, and actually do a bit of wood working? Lots of tenons to make, and maybe a place to install them on the rocking chair. Maybe resaw some slats for either the back, or the seat? Might take the rest of the week to do....have to lay in a supply of Mountain Dews to keep things from bogging down, too.

If I do manage to get a bit done, I will try to post a few photos, IF anyone wants to see them....

Chris Hachet
05-25-2016, 2:00 PM
I have fallen off of bar stools and I have balance problems since I got an inner ear infection a few years ago...Nice work as usual...

steven c newman
05-25-2016, 9:20 PM
Ok, more resawn work. Needed a second curved blank to match the crest rail. Laid the "finished" one on the next blank. Had to work around a couple cracks and knots...
To get rid of the saw marks, and other things...

Clamped it to the bench, grabbed a spokeshave and starting pulling it along
Something like this. Rotate ends, and go again. The outside of the curve was done with a handplane.
laid out a few marks. Plan was for 1" long tenons as a starting point. Then, after the mortises are chopped, I can adjust the length.
Olde School for the cutting of tenons...
That backsaw was nice, but was taking way too long, according to my hands. Remembered i had just sharpened a 5-1/2ppi rip saw......since I was ripping down an 1" with a width of 3-1/2" ......Rip saw worked just fine. The coping saw was for other small cuts
There was also this seat support for the seat's back end. Again, 1" tenon length as a starting point.
Sooo, after a LOT of saw work tonight, I have the two curved rails for the back. Need to make some back slats, tenon them, then chop some mortises to complete the back. I have the back of the seat support ready. Need to tenon the front one. The middle one will get fitted after the front and back are installed into the sides. Hmmm, more resaw work to do.....slats and more slats to make.....

steven c newman
05-26-2016, 8:30 PM
Not in the mood to do woodworking today......had a funeral to go to, for a relative....

Maybe tomorrow, eh.

WAS just going to do resaws today, need a lot of slats made. Then back to M&T work. No real rush....

steven c newman
05-27-2016, 11:31 AM
Resawing today...4x4s down into slats and other items.....may need a new bandsaw blade (again) when this is all done

Film @ 2300hrs, ZULU......( well, at least a few pictures...)

steven c newman
05-27-2016, 12:39 PM
The 4x4s...
Needed a section about 2" wide, and set aside the rest...
I had cut the better one to 26" long. These leftovers may get resawn into set slats, later.
Made a line about 1/2" in from an edge, and sawed five slats....
The crest rail is to set the spacing, so I can tell how many to cut. I had one of the sides up on the bench, laid out for mortises to chop to install the back seat rail, and the back's rails
Things do look a bit rough, but, we have ways...
Seems the 1/2" wide blade is a bit wavy in the cut....but it is the widest the saw can handle.
Still need tenons on the ends. Then I can chop a few mortises, later. Will block plane the edges into a slight curve/champfer. I also laid out for a tenon to attach the arm rest to the front post
How "tall" it will be will depend on the thickness of the arm rest, as this will be a through tenon...

BTW, I also bought a few 3/16" dowels to pin a few joints with. Why do fancy wood pins when the rocking chair is to be painted.....

steven c newman
05-27-2016, 12:45 PM
A look at where I work at in the Dungeon Shop...
Complete with the shop stool.....
A second area to try to work in. Lathe is to the right. I can move the rest around as needed. I can also access the saw tills...
Care to count them all? Have a few others that are "out & about" right now.....

Welcome to the Dungeon Shop....

Stew Denton
05-27-2016, 1:44 PM
Hi Steven,

Looks a lot like my small area in the garage, but a LOT bigger. I need to get serious about throwing junk from the attic away so I can put stuff from the garage up there and temporarily have a small spot to work, instead of outside on saw horses. Maybe I can get really serious about a small shop later this summer.

Stew

steven c newman
05-27-2016, 6:23 PM
I will have to get ceative after a while, using a plane on rough sawn 1/2" thick slats. Dogs are a might too tall.

Will try a couple sharpened screws at the far end, and maybe some at the near end. Drive the slat into the first two, then add the rear ones to tighten things up. Only need to get it smooth, not perfectly flat. Edge grain stuff should be a lot easier to do, leg vise and a clamp. Letting the shop cool off awhile......it got up into the 90s around here, today.....

Stew Denton
05-27-2016, 7:39 PM
Hey Steven,

On the rust hunt......Ya Did Good! $2.......Not bad, Not bad at all! Yep, keep us up with your progress, the chair is definitely coming along.

Stew

steven c newman
05-27-2016, 8:59 PM
Not used to this HOT weather around here....92 degrees today. NO ac in the shop, either. Have to wait either until late at night, or very early in the mornings. I tend to get into trouble when things get over 80 degrees, been downed by heat a few times...

Have measure just how long a slat is between the top and bottom rails, to find how long a tenon I can make. Want at least enough to put a pin through on glue ups. Draw-bored? More like clamp it tight drill and pin. Draw-bore and pine don't play nice together.

Best sales around here are either the widow having a estate/moving sale, or someone is cleaning out a barn......Then you can get a Minty Stanley No.4 Type 13 for .....$2. Or a Disston D-23, 10ppi.....for free..but get there early, before they wake up....from the second cup of coffee. Not saying help them set up, but.........

steven c newman
05-28-2016, 12:23 AM
Still too dang hot! I got just two slats smoothed out, and marked up for tenons. Looks like a 1" tenon on each end will be a good starting point. Depends on how deep I feel like chopping the mortises later. I can always shorten a tenon, if need be.

Need to get that fan down there up and running...and blowing right on me! no way to vent to the outside....

have a couple slats that are rough on both faces....might take awhile on them. Sat the #5 aside, and ran the #7c.along. Bit hard on the lower back.....Spinal StenosisLumbar is complaining....

steven c newman
05-28-2016, 6:02 PM
Ok, got the fan set up to blow air onto me as I work on these things....
Needed to get that side assembly out of my way, might as well mill a tenon. I used that old rip saw to make a few cuts. turned the side around a few times, crosscut the waste off, then set it aside..
I'll get the other one done...later. Started planing down the slats
22'' plane vs 26" slat. Got the faces flat and smooth....and even did the edges
Then laid out 1" long tenons, did a bit more saw work, and had 10 tenons cut
Since I was doing saw work, might as well do the front seat rail's
Then lay it over, crosscut the waste off. next, I laid out spacing for the back parts..
So I could mark where the tenons went. I even marked which slat went where.....not that I'll remember that info....
Time to put away the saw stuff, and set up chisel stuff..
Might sneak back down there later, and tap a chisel or two......I would really like one full, long day down there, without having to stop and haul people to Wallie World and back all the time...

steven c newman
05-29-2016, 1:13 AM
Well, somehow managed to sneak back down there, and at least try to chop a few mortises. Tried a few ways to clamp the rail to the bench.....some worked better than others..
First try....had to add a c clamp at the walnut scrap....somehow, still got the first mortise done..
Handles sticking up are the chisels I was using. Kept trying ways to clamp the rail, and still be easy to shift from one mortise to the next...
gave up on the F clamp, kept moving on me. On the next three.....just a BIG c clamp at the walnut block, until all five were standing there...
IF I ever go back to Sears...that c clamp will be going along, defective, and bent. Wiggles around as you tighten it down. Found a bit better clamp, and set things up to do the other rail

Seems to be the way to go....yes, there is a scrap piece on the other side...
As for the toys needed for this sort of work..
Mallet is the one I turned a few years ago....made to fit my hands Block plane to "adjust" the tenons for a better fit. That blue thing is a razor knife. Use that to "cut in" around the tenons while marking where the mortises will be. I domost of this sitting down on the shop stool. maybe sometime Sunday, I can get the other five mortises done?

steven c newman
05-29-2016, 2:34 PM
Well, trying to hide in the shop, today.....

Got the rest of the mortises chopped, glue applied, clamps tightened

Then cut 10 pins, about 1" long or less. Drilled a hole through each joint, hopefully in the center of the tenon, add some glue to each pin, and drove them home....
To be trimmed off later. Now waiting on the glue to dry.....then maybe a bit of chopping into ONE of the sides frames? I can get the two seat supports ( but, not the middle one) fitted to one side frame, and this back. Then I can lay out for the other side frame. Then, maybe sometime in June......seat can be made?

steven c newman
05-29-2016, 8:56 PM
Got the assembly out of the clamps, pins trimmed flush, set the thing aside..
Cleared off the bench, to get the side frame ready to do some chopping...
And set the back seat support into a mortise. Have to cut a "flat" to seat things down.
I slid thing down a bit, and chopped a mortise for the bottom rail of the back. Note the flats? Had to move things around a bit, as the next mortise was quite a ways"out there"
Swung the frame around, and chopped the top mortise
Once I got the hole dug, I could test fit things a bit..
Will need a fine tuning. Which leaves just one more mortise on this frame to do....
might have to move things around, again.

Down in the shop, I have no idea IF a thunderstorm is going on outside.....except when these start up
A sign that we had a "Gulley-Washer" come through....There are a couple "canals" that head for the floor drain
Usually, right where I am trying to work...of course. Got tired of wet feet, took a break for a while....

steven c newman
05-30-2016, 9:22 AM
Nothing planned for the shop today, taking the day off. Have a safe one, everyone.

steven c newman
05-31-2016, 7:13 AM
IF I can get woke up.....maybe something can get done today?

Too much food, and almost too many beers yesterday.

Plan would be to finish the mortises today. One more on the side I'm working on, and all the ones on the other side frame. Then, figure out HOW to glue this thing together....

NEED CAFFIENE!!!!!!

steven c newman
05-31-2016, 3:19 PM
Ok, I managed somehow to sneak in a wee bit of time in the shop this morning...
Got the last mortise on the #1 side frame completed. Then, had to clean the benchtop off almost completely, to start on the second side frame..
Had to take ALL the chisels out of the rack, and a couple of the squares, thing takes up a lot of room.

Got things laid out, chisels too
Got the top mortise chopped and fitted...
Then chopped the next one down the line..
Then set the other frame on top of things to check the fits....
To see how the seat will be. Need to chop two more mortises for those seat supports in side frame #2. Once these are all done, MAYBE a glue-up? There will be a center support for the seat's slats, but I need the rest done first. Then I can cut to fit the center support. May need some extra hands to glue this thing together. Also need "V" blocks made, to help the clamps hold onto round objects better..

steven c newman
05-31-2016, 11:18 PM
Did a partial glue up this afternoon......meh. Will try to do a bit better tomorrow. Will need to make a bunch of "V" blocks to help the clamps stay put........til then....Good Night, Gracie....

Mike Brady
06-01-2016, 10:05 AM
It's the Aldi chisels......

steven c newman
06-01-2016, 5:08 PM
Aldis has them back in stock in the US right now......

steven c newman
06-01-2016, 5:38 PM
Putting this LONG thread to bed, getting hard for me, even, to keep track of it. Have started a new thread about that rocker project. We now have glue ups!