PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime Problems

Bert Kemp
05-16-2016, 6:19 PM
I wasted an item from amazon and the shipping was more then the item so years of not doing the free trial I decided to try it . So this very first order took 6 days to arrive. I've ordered 3 or more things this month and none has got to my door in less then 3 days order Monday arrive Thursday. Friday I noticed I needed a tire for my bike and it had a bald spot, oops my bad but I said I'll try once more I ordered it Friday Morning and I have to use the Bike Wednesday Morning. Prime said guaranteed delivery by Tuesday so today I get an updated shipping won't be here to Wednesday night. Also I haven't been able to watch any prime TV shows or movies (not 1) with out a lot of buffering , picture choppy and the words don't match the mouth movement. I tried Chrome, and firefox. I called they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it but 3 weeks later still doing the same thing. I have no trouble with netflix, or hula, or any other video source. So its been canceled . But wow what a crappy service why would anyone pay a 100 bucks for service that can't be delivered.

Jebediah Eckert
05-16-2016, 6:26 PM
I have had some bad luck with Amazon the last few months. I thought they were just trying to muscle me into a Prime membership..................

Greg R Bradley
05-16-2016, 6:31 PM
Why?
Because their service is excellent. I probably receive 20 orders a month on Prime and only 3-4 have not arrived on time over the last 5 years. Usually those are where they ship via some type of Home delivery service and the business is closed when they try to deliver. They even had the Postman try to deliver to a business on a Sunday, where the business was closed of course. If they could figure out how to ship differently to businesses and home, I would say that they are doing an incredible job.

Zero issue on buffering on movies and I have Prime, Netflix, and Hulu.

I've just set up a Prime Business Account so they seem like they are moving that way.

Dan Hintz
05-16-2016, 6:31 PM
The free Prime 2-day shipping has been on the nose for me every time... are you located in a small or out of the way delivery area?

chase standifer
05-16-2016, 6:35 PM
I have exactly the opposite experience. It rarely takes something more than two days to receive an item. I orders some Sawstop cartridges on Saturday evening and they arrived today. I don't watch video on prime often but I haven't had any issues the few times I have used it.

George Skinner
05-16-2016, 6:44 PM
Works well for me. Placed an order Friday evening and it was in the mailbox Sunday. Didn't even know they delivered on Sunday.

Garth Almgren
05-16-2016, 6:49 PM
I've always been very happy with my Prime subscription, and I've had it for about 5 or 6 years now starting when I got it for half price under Prime Student.

From my perspective, the video service is worth the price of admission alone (works great on my Amazon Fire Stick with Comcast as my ISP), and the free 2 day shipping is just icing on the cake. Being near Seattle, sometimes I get items the next business day even though I pick the 2 day shipping, but I've never had anything more than 1 day late. The one or two items that were 1 day late, I got some MP3 credits back under their shipping guarantee.

I'm at the point where I'd rather order from Amazon than drive the 20+ minutes round trip unless I need it NOW or I can get a better quality item by supporting a local business.

Prime Photos is really nice: unlimited Amazon cloud storage for photos.

Prime Music is so-so, but I usually prefer Pandora even with the ads.

Haven't made use of Prime Pantry yet - I don't even know if it's even available where I live.

Kindle First is awesome (lets you download a pre-release ebook once a month).

Haven't figured out the Kindle Owner's Lending Library yet, but I think my Kindle may be too old (2nd gen with 3G).

Finally, my wife likes that I share the Prime benefits with her using Membership Sharing. :)

Matt Day
05-16-2016, 6:58 PM
I've had the opposite experience too, though I live outside a major city. The only packages that arrive after 2 days are sold by vendors other than Amazon. I might've had a few by Amazon items that arrived late over the past 3 years and customer service took care of me

Steve Peterson
05-16-2016, 7:06 PM
I've had the opposite experience too, though I live outside a major city. The only packages that arrive after 2 days are sold by vendors other than Amazon. I might've had a few by Amazon items that arrived late over the past 3 years and customer service took care of me

I suspect that the OP's problem is with an outside vendor and not with Amazon itself.

Steve

Larry Frank
05-16-2016, 7:06 PM
Add me to the list of very satisfied...they have been late a couple of times. I notified them and they made it right. They are about the best online ordering company I know of.

I only use the video for movies I download to my Kindle and works great.

David T gray
05-16-2016, 7:23 PM
every time they miss the 2 day window complain they will credit your acct with free time for prime. the video problem is on your end talk with your isp

Jebediah Eckert
05-16-2016, 7:36 PM
every time they miss the 2 day window complain they will credit your acct with free time for prime. the video problem is on your end talk with your isp

I do not have Prime, and order maybe 3-5 times a month. Although I have had problems the last few months with several orders, I only order if Amazon is the seller. But I have found when I complain, they eventually figure out the problem, and give me some sort of credit.

Maybe be I will give Prime a try, I have been thinking about it for a bit.

Scott Brandstetter
05-16-2016, 8:11 PM
I too love the Prime but do have the occasional issue. Every time an item arrives past the prime 2 day delivery, I email them and they extend my membership by another month without charge. I encourage each of you to do the same.

Bert Kemp
05-16-2016, 8:13 PM
I'm less then an hour from the amazon warehouse and a half mile from the interstate

The free Prime 2-day shipping has been on the nose for me every time... are you located in a small or out of the way delivery area?

Bert Kemp
05-16-2016, 8:14 PM
Why should it make any difference at all? its prime and they say 2 day delivery

I suspect that the OP's problem is with an outside vendor and not with Amazon itself.

Steve

Bert Kemp
05-16-2016, 8:20 PM
Why do you say its my ISP, netflix, hula and all my other video sources work perfectly but prime video is all messed up

Mike Henderson
05-16-2016, 8:37 PM
I've been a Prime member for a number of years and always had good results. Packages get to me in two days.

Mike

Bert Kemp
05-16-2016, 9:28 PM
I contacted them 3 times about the crappy video and all they did was tell me they were aware of the problem and working on it. They didn't even say sorry for the inconvenience. I'm not impressed

I too love the Prime but do have the occasional issue. Every time an item arrives past the prime 2 day delivery, I email them and they extend my membership by another month without charge. I encourage each of you to do the same.

Dave Zellers
05-16-2016, 9:39 PM

Steve
That's my guess as well.

I was a very happy Prime customer when it was $79 a year and let it lapse when it went to $99. I'm reconsidering that decision. A lot of what I buy isn't available locally. And I'm getting tired of padding my orders to reach the $49 threshold for free shipping. OTOH with the padding model, you do end up with some interesting stuff.

"What was I thinking when I added this?" :confused:

My original thinking has shifted from "Will I spend over a hundred dollars on shipping?" ...to... "Will I pad my orders with over a hundred dollars of crap?".

Amazon is so evil. They have me completely figured out.

But then so does my wife. And I love her completely.

So I guess I love Amazon too.

I'm too easy.

glenn bradley
05-16-2016, 9:45 PM
It does seem like they're picking on you. there must be some regional contributing factor we haven't identified yet. I get my stuff the next day a lot of times and my Fire Stick has been trouble free.

Gerry Grzadzinski
05-16-2016, 9:59 PM
Between my wife and myself, we place about 100 orders/year, and I can recall I think 2 deliveries that were late in the last year. One of them I had paid for next day, and was refunded the shipping charges. We don't watch a lot of movies, but have never had a problem when we have, and the Amazon App on our TV is really nice.

Rollie Meyers
05-17-2016, 12:44 AM
Just got Prime, but prior to getting it they would sit on the order for a while before shipping, need to order some glow plugs so will see what happens.

Lenore Epstein
05-17-2016, 4:51 AM
Two day shipping usually translates to three or four days around here, especially around holidays, but their delivery estimate is usually spot on, and the couple of times I was counting on a delivery that ended up being late they've actually credited me the cost of the item. I don't gamble anymore, though; if I really need something by a date certain I pay for expedited shipping or buy it locally.

I'm not sure how the OP is accessing Prime Video, and I'm no expert because I don't use it often, but it streams perfectly with Roku or AppleTV on Comcast. I'd suggest checking preferences in case some strange box got checked or something.

Pat Barry
05-17-2016, 7:42 AM
I get little benefit from Prime shipping since I don't buy much from on line sources, however, the streaming video does offer some value and between the infrequent shipping and the prime video I feel I'm getting commensurate value. The shipping I have experienced has always been on-time and often early.

Brian Henderson
05-17-2016, 10:53 AM

Exactly. If it's not marked Prime, it isn't guaranteed to arrive in 2 days.

Brian Henderson
05-17-2016, 10:55 AM
Why should it make any difference at all? its prime and they say 2 day delivery

The only things that qualify for Prime 2-day shipping are those things that are specifically marked Prime on the site. It isn't everything.

Jim Becker
05-17-2016, 11:38 AM
I've had zero issues with Amazon Prime...we've been members for years. That said, two-day delivery is not guaranteed, and depending on where you live vs where the shipping point is affects it. Also, there are many things on Amazon that are not actually shipped by Amazon, even when covered under Prime. You are at the mercy of the actual seller in that case.

Jim Tobias
05-17-2016, 12:04 PM
We've had years of great service from Amazon Prime. About a year ago, I signed in for Amazon Smile. No charge on my end and still Prime shipping. They donate a small percentage of every purchase to my Grandson's school.
I can think of maybe 3 -5 items over several years that were beyond the 2 day delivery window. We probably receive 10-12 packages a month from them..... some subscribe and save items.
It's a good deal in our opinion.

Jim

Larry Browning
05-17-2016, 1:44 PM
Well Bert, I guess its you. You are sort of like that Peanuts character that always has a cloud over his head. There is no other explanation.

Jon Nuckles
05-17-2016, 1:54 PM
The only time I've had a delay with Amazon is when they use the postal service to complete delivery. Never thought to complain about it. On the other hand, I got same day delivery on a Sawstop brake cartridge last week. I was going to order a backup cartridge for both the 10" blade and the dado, but if I can count on same day delivery I may just wait until I need one to order.

Mark Blatter
05-17-2016, 3:12 PM
I have been using Prime for about a year at work. I was curious so I just checked and I have placed 89 orders in the past six months. Of that I have had three significant problems. We have a store in SoCal that needed a new TV. We shipped a tv to them twice, both times it was returned to Amazon as undeliverable. Both times they tried to deliver it before the store opened, and the store is in a mall. Pretty obvious what time the mall stores open isn't it? The first time they tried to deliver the tv at 9:30, the second time at 9:42. The mall opens at 10.

The other item was a ladder that I needed in CO quickly, so paid for overnight shipping. It arrived three days later. They refunded the shipping with no issues at all. What does annoy me is that to reach someone live, it is a royal pain.

Oh, we did have one more problem. I ordered 350 sets of small screw drivers. They let me order and pay for them all, yet they only had 150 of them on hand. I was promised during a phone call that they rest would be in stock in ten days. Three weeks later they finally arrived.

Still not many issues for the number of orders placed. For the convenience of sitting at my desk and ordering in items for stores throughout the US, it is worth it.

Scott Brader
05-17-2016, 4:04 PM
I've seen many more late deliveries since Amazon contracted with the USPS for many of their deliveries. I only order items sold and fulfilled by Amazon and marked Prime, yet they rarely seem to get the items to me in two days any more. It never used to be a problem with a mix of UPS and FedEx. I have virtually everything delivered to my office in a Milwaukee suburb, so it's not like it has to go to the boonies. Amazon has a 1,000,000 sq ft distribution center about 40 minutes from my office. You'd think they could deliver on time. I won't necessarily cancel my Prime membership, but I am not planning on renewing it, either.

Bert Kemp
05-17-2016, 6:00 PM
Isn't that what I said in 2 or 3 previous posts. it is marked PRIME and it states 2DAY shipping.

The only things that qualify for Prime 2-day shipping are those things that are specifically marked Prime on the site. It isn't everything.

Rich Riddle
05-17-2016, 6:08 PM
At times I use an outside supplier. I have two orders now placed through them. One is way overdue but that's not Amazon's fault anymore than it's eBay's fault when sellers there don't promptly ship. I was uncertain if the original poster even had a Prime membership. Our farm is in the city where a large warehouse is located and we get 1 day service regularly.

Bert Kemp
05-17-2016, 6:28 PM
Here I for got I ordered this LOL
SOLD BY SHIPPED BY AMAZON PRIME I ordered this 6 days ago just got here this afternoon.337580337581 Remember they have a warehouse less then 50 miles from my house.

Greg R Bradley
05-17-2016, 9:13 PM
6 days ago? not by any shipping standard as business days are Mon-Fri.
If you ordered in stock items before the cut off on May12, two day delivery would be yesterday. If ordered after the shipping cut off on May 12, two day would mean delivery today - the day you received it.
Look at the Tracking on UPS, it will show you the delivery tracking.

I'm not saying you haven't had some problems but some of these seem your interpretation of their terms. Even if the item was in stock and you ordered in time to ship that day and counted the weekend days, it would still only be 5 days from Thursday to Tuesday, not "six days ago". Does anyone else think they aren't doing a great job?

Rich Riddle
05-17-2016, 9:34 PM
That explains it, the picture that is. You didn't select the Amazon Prime version. The only one covered by Prime is the one-time purchase. You ordered through regular Amazon. You have to be cautious of that.

Bert Kemp
05-17-2016, 11:17 PM
So all these guys saying they get delivery on Saturday and Sunday they don't count I guess I have to wait the weekend. I guess its all irrelevant anyway I've had the service for almost a month and it stinks as far as I'm concerned I dropped the prime.Case is closed I guess.

6 days ago? not by any shipping standard as business days are Mon-Fri.
If you ordered in stock items before the cut off on May12, two day delivery would be yesterday. If ordered after the shipping cut off on May 12, two day would mean delivery today - the day you received it.
Look at the Tracking on UPS, it will show you the delivery tracking.

I'm not saying you haven't had some problems but some of these seem your interpretation of their terms. Even if the item was in stock and you ordered in time to ship that day and counted the weekend days, it would still only be 5 days from Thursday to Tuesday, not "six days ago". Does anyone else think they aren't doing a great job?

Kevin W Johnson
05-18-2016, 2:40 AM
That explains it, the picture that is. You didn't select the Amazon Prime version. The only one covered by Prime is the one-time purchase. You ordered through regular Amazon. You have to be cautious of that.

Yep, he didn't order the Prime product. I just looked it up. If ordered at 2:39 AM on 5/18/16, my delivery date would be 5/27/16.

Greg R Bradley
05-18-2016, 3:58 AM
They do deliveries on Saturday and Sunday but "Two Day Shipping" on Prime means two business days, Mon-Fri. I'm guessing Amazon says that specifically if you look at the details for Prime Shipping. I've noticed they quote an expected delivery date on each item on each order. All other "Two Day Shipping from UPS, Fedex, Ontrac, DHL, etc. seem to use the same Mon-Fri to count "days".

Amazon got the USPS to deliver on Sundays so people can get their stuff faster.
Fedex "Home" seems to deliver on Saturdays at no extra cost and seem to make their work week Tues-Sat. The same drivers deliver to business Mon-Fri.
In both cases, this gets your delivery early, getting something on Sat or Sun that would have been delivered Monday normally.

I'm not sure you can tell from the pic if you ordered the Prime version of the item. The link for the item in your orders page just takes you back to the item but shows the current versions of that item. It doesn't show which vendor/version you ordered. If you go to the details on that order, it will show you the vendor and price you actually paid but I still don't think it spells out if it was Prime.

Brian Henderson
05-18-2016, 12:14 PM
Yep, he didn't order the Prime product. I just looked it up. If ordered at 2:39 AM on 5/18/16, my delivery date would be 5/27/16.

And Amazon always tells you when you're going to get it. If it says you'll get it in 8 days, that doesn't mean 2 days if you're a Prime member. If you're getting it in 2 days, they'll tell you that you're getting it in 2 days. This is just a case of unrealistic expectations from someone who clearly doesn't understand how Prime works and is blaming Amazon for it.

Brian Elfert
05-18-2016, 8:33 PM
They do deliveries on Saturday and Sunday but "Two Day Shipping" on Prime means two business days, Mon-Fri. I'm guessing Amazon says that specifically if you look at the details for Prime Shipping. I've noticed they quote an expected delivery date on each item on each order. All other "Two Day Shipping from UPS, Fedex, Ontrac, DHL, etc. seem to use the same Mon-Fri to count "days".

With Sunday delivery now you can order from Amazon on Friday evening and get your delivery on Sunday.

I just ordered from Amazon a new oil drain plug that should arrive tomorrow. They had a deal for $15 off when purchased with Discover card so I added other stuff to my order to take advantage of that deal. I also saw a deal for $10 off a Prime Now order (2 hour delivery) so I ordered $20 worth of food that they had on sale. (Sale prices lower than grocery store.) I saved 50% over grocery store prices with the promo. The order literally just delivered as I was typing this.

I am on a 30 day Prime trial with no intention of actually paying for Prime.

David T gray
05-19-2016, 6:48 PM
u might try jet.com out for online shopping i just ordered 5x 150oz of tide for $67 33% less then i pay usually. they offer 15% off your first 3 orders.

Wayne Lovell
06-01-2016, 4:21 PM
I dropped Prime a couple of years ago when they increased the cost and added services I or don't need or want, my 2 day delivery was actually 3 to 4 days at least 1/2 the time. I don't order nearly as much from Amazon as I did and if I do it is usually stuff that I am not in any hurry for and I wait until it adds up to $50, when I order this way it is usually delivered by a very pleasant and cheerful UPS driver. My son and daughter still have Prime and when they send a gift or something to us using their Prime it usually comes by Fedex, whose driver is to lazy to drive down the driveway and deliver the package to the house but instead tosses the package out on the side of the road or if he is in a really good mood he brings it about 20 to 30 feed down the drive way and puts it right in the middle of the drive.

AS LONG AS THEY KEEP USING FEDEX THEY CAN BE SURE I WILL NEVER USE PRIME AGAIN.

Bert Kemp
06-01-2016, 4:56 PM
I thought fedx was suppose to deliver to the house. I would complain and tell them your not getting your deliveries

I dropped Prime a couple of years ago when they increased the cost and added services I or don't need or want, my 2 day delivery was actually 3 to 4 days at least 1/2 the time. I don't order nearly as much from Amazon as I did and if I do it is usually stuff that I am not in any hurry for and I wait until it adds up to $50, when I order this way it is usually delivered by a very pleasant and cheerful UPS driver. My son and daughter still have Prime and when they send a gift or something to us using their Prime it usually comes by Fedex, whose driver is to lazy to drive down the driveway and deliver the package to the house but instead tosses the package out on the side of the road or if he is in a really good mood he brings it about 20 to 30 feed down the drive way and puts it right in the middle of the drive.

AS LONG AS THEY KEEP USING FEDEX THEY CAN BE SURE I WILL NEVER USE PRIME AGAIN.

Brian Henderson
06-01-2016, 6:16 PM
I thought fedx was suppose to deliver to the house. I would complain and tell them your not getting your deliveries

Exactly. I ordered something from Prime on Saturday and even though they said it would show up on Memorial Day, I figured it would show Tuesday. Nope, here bright and early on Memorial Day. I can't even remember the last time one of my orders was late.

Chris Padilla
06-01-2016, 6:35 PM
I was shocked when I started seeing Sunday delivery time and didn't believe it until, sure enough, the package showed up on Sunday!

I've seen little van/truck/suv vehicles running around with a lower-case Amazon 'a' on it.

Jim Becker
06-01-2016, 9:15 PM
In this area, the vast majority, if not all, of Prime deliveries are via the USPS, including the Sunday and holiday package deliveries. Driver told me they get OT wages and those who want the extra cash volunteer for the shifts. I'm betting Amazon is funding this and still saving money over other services at this point.