PDA

View Full Version : Shop to hot, have you tried one of these?

Scott Loven
09-20-2005, 10:35 AM
This could add some excitement to your woodworking experience (https://secure.utilikilts.com/catalog-workman-index.htm)! Anyone try one yet? The poor man or womans portable air conditioner.
Scott

Greg Heppeard
09-20-2005, 11:12 AM
I have a customer who is a contractor who wears one of these in the summer time....He sure gets some looks from women... and men. lol.

Scott Loven
09-20-2005, 11:50 AM
John Lucus can do a demo on his web site!

Jeff Sudmeier
09-20-2005, 11:53 AM
There is a guy at work that wears one every day. Takes some getting used to, but it is just how he is!

JayStPeter
09-20-2005, 12:38 PM
I'm not holding the ladder for you :eek:

John Miliunas
09-20-2005, 12:51 PM
There is a guy at work that wears one every day. Takes some getting used to, but it is just how he is!

Jeff, you sure it's a "he", now???:eek: :confused: :D :cool:

Dan Gill
09-20-2005, 6:28 PM
John Lucus can do a demo on his web site!

:eek: Out of my head! Out of my head!

Don Baer
09-20-2005, 6:49 PM
Once upon a time in another place long long ago.. I was visiting American Samoa. Now it's very hot and humid there. I was amazed to see all of the men going around wearing long skirt thing called Lava lava's. Now I'm not a small person but comepared to a samoan I am so I didn't even make any remarks.

Dennis Peacock
09-20-2005, 7:10 PM
Woo-Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wouldn't want to get THAT caught in my PM Lathe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Vaughn McMillan
09-20-2005, 7:36 PM
I've spent quite a bit of time on construction sites, and somehow I just can't see one of those being worn. (Unless the guy was some 300# gorilla that NOBODY would dare hassle.)

Related, but tangental to this, years ago I was speaking at a week-long conputer conference, and every day one of the male attendees showed up wearing a nice dress shirt with tie, color coordinated with a pleated mini-skirt -- by no means a kilt -- and high heeled shoes. (And stockings, of course.) Never did figure out what his deal was, but I know I sure wouldn't go out to have a beer with him.

- Vaughn

Bart Leetch
09-20-2005, 7:48 PM
When I was a little guy about 6 years old I used metal coffee can lids a Frisbees & got a few on the roof & Dad put me on the ladder in front of him & followed me up to get the lids off the roof. I was scared & ask him do you want a kilt boy daddy?

I E-Mailed the picture & caption to him & with a subject line of.

After all that ladder climbing I'm still not a kilt boy.