PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in Mendocino California?

Peter Pedisich
05-14-2016, 9:02 AM
Hello all, planning a trip north of San Francisco, but limited to maybe 4 to 6 hours driving north, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Pete

Jim Koepke
05-14-2016, 11:26 AM
Fort Bragg is home to Ron Hock and Glenn Drake. Not sure if they do tours.

North Coast Brewing is also in Fort Bragg. I enjoyed a burger there years ago.

Mendocino Brewing is up in Hopland if you get that far. Good food and good ales.

jtk

william watts
05-15-2016, 3:27 PM
College Of The Redwoods is having an end of year exhibition of their woodworking program in Fort Brag, just up the coast a few minutes from Mendacino, it ends May 30.

In Mendacino there's a small maritime museum and and a good assortment of restaurants and bars. Highway 1 is a beautiful must do drive and Avenue of the Giants is close by, huge redwood trees. Theres an art gallery that has works for sale by woodworking pros and students from College of the red woods, fantastic work and prices. Alagrea Inn is quaint Bed and Breakfast. Last time I was there a lumber yard in the downtown area was selling redwood slabs and locally made tables. One of our favorite places.

Frank Drew
05-16-2016, 11:58 AM
If you're into wine, there are numerous high quality producers in the area.

Chris Padilla
05-16-2016, 12:47 PM
Walk across the GG Bridge. Visit and hike around John Muir woods. Mendocino is quite far to do in 4-6 hours. Sausalito is also nice to walk around and site see.

Wade Lippman
05-16-2016, 12:59 PM
I've never been there, but a friend said the sea cave kayaking was extraordinary.