PDA

View Full Version : Shopsmith 504193 Belt

Robert Parent
05-12-2016, 7:19 AM
Looking for a generic part number for a Shopsmith v-belt 504193. Would anyone here happen to know what size drive belt is used on these machines (Mark V). I don't have the original to measure or compare.

Thanks,
Robert

Dimitrios Fradelakis
05-12-2016, 7:58 AM
Replace it with a link belt. Lasts longer and helps in reducing vibration.You can pick one up at your local Harbor Freight.

Dave Lehnert
05-12-2016, 7:54 PM
Why not just order one from Shopsmith?
A search on the Shopsmith web site of your number links to this page.
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/partscat/drive_belt.htm

Give them a call to be sure it is what your looking for.

Alan Schaffter
05-12-2016, 9:12 PM
Replace it with a link belt. Lasts longer and helps in reducing vibration.You can pick one up at your local Harbor Freight.
What?!?!?! Shopsmith uses a flat poly-V belt.

Robert Parent
05-13-2016, 8:05 AM
Thanks guys..... Someone on another forum suggested 4L260 as a generic number. I will give that a try as I prefer not to wait for mail order. Shopsmith certainly does not make belts but rather resells something relabeled from one of the major belt companies like Gates, Goodyear, etc so an industry quality belt is all that is needed once one can determine the size.

There are two belts on my machine, a lower v-belt, and an upper poly style belt.

Thanks,
Robert

Dimitrios Fradelakis
05-13-2016, 9:37 AM
What?!?!?! Shopsmith uses a flat poly-V belt.

Honest mistake. Take a few deep breaths and calm down, it'll be OK. If not you'll need to be admitted, again.