PDA

View Full Version : CoreldrawX6 screen / display settings.

Tim Earling
05-10-2016, 11:38 AM
Hello,
I just purchase a new wide screen computer monitor and when I open up my CoreldrawX6 projects, I noticed that everything is stretched out. My circles look more live ovals. Does anyone know how I change the settings for my saved files to appear normal (not stretched out)? I fooled around with my computer monitor display settings but didn't find anything that worked. I was wondering if their is a setting in Coreldraw to adjust for the my landscape computer monitor format.

Bill George
05-10-2016, 12:54 PM
Sort of the same thing for me with Windows 7 Pro, I have it set at one resolution then I go to another Window and come back the type or font size for the program has gone to tiny! Very annoying.

John Noell
05-10-2016, 1:55 PM
Hello,
I just purchase a new wide screen computer monitor and ...My circles look more live ovals. It's either the wrong driver for that monitor or you have not changed the resolution. You either need to set the current driver to the new wide resolution (if it supports it) or get a driver that supports the wide format of your monitor.

Kev Williams
05-10-2016, 2:03 PM
If your programs are displaying stretched, it's likely a mismatch between the monitor and your graphics settings--you need to make sure your computer's resolutions settings match the monitor's "optimal" resolution- 1600x900 and 1920x1080 are common monitor settings these days..

example- I have 2 identical Dell Optiplex computers right next to me- there is one difference between them, and I don't understand why actually, but the one DOES have a 1600x900 resolution setting (that matches this monitor), but the other one doesn't- The closest I can get is 1280x768. It works, but is slightly stretched lengthwise. The computer that matches is a spare, and I'd connect it up instead except for it doesn't have all my programs and drivers loaded up yet...

hope this helps!

^^John beat me to it! :)

Tim Earling
05-10-2016, 3:03 PM
It's either the wrong driver for that monitor or you have not changed the resolution. You either need to set the current driver to the new wide resolution (if it supports it) or get a driver that supports the wide format of your monitor.

- Thanks John. It must be my driver because I matched the resolution on the windows display setting to the new monitor - it is 1920 x 1080. It still does not work

Tim Earling
05-10-2016, 3:07 PM
Ideally, I would like to work on a 27" or larger monitor. Any idea what size monitor I should look to buy that would avoid the stretch problem I'm having?

Glen Monaghan
05-10-2016, 5:25 PM
You might check whether there is an aspect ratio setting anywhere that you can adjust. Computer monitors normally use 1:1 (ie, "square" pixels) as opposed to 4:3 or 16:9 (two ratios commonly used for video) or any of several others.

Wilbur Harris
05-10-2016, 9:51 PM
John Noell's answer is pretty good. Find the right driver and set the resolution to suit yourself.