PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Scam Google Groups - Ted’s Woodworking Plans?

John Bion
05-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Hi All,
I just received a Google groups notification that I had been added to the group “Woodworking”.

As I have never requested to join said group I was wary. Took a look and it is actually “woodworking i-plans”. I did not look into the actual “group itself to see what was there, but putting 2 & 2 together to come up with 5, I would guess that the same scam artists that sell “Ted’s woodworking plans” (plans stollen from elsewhere and sold under false pretences), since I get junk e-mails from these people at the same e-mail address that was subscribed (without my consent) to the Google Group.
If you have an email address that is publicly available and linked to “woodwork”, it may be an idea to go into google groups and tick the box to disallow anyone from automatically adding you to their group without your consent. I do not use Google Groups, but do have a Google Plus account/Facebook Page etc.

This is a screenshot of the mail I received from Google (no google images in it due to my security settings):

Kind regards, John

John Bion
05-10-2016, 10:15 AM
:o Ooh dear, I have just seen that this subject is well covered further down the page! Sorry! :o