PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10 update?

Dave Lehnert
05-09-2016, 11:56 PM
About two weeks ago I got the message that Windows 10 was restarting my computer, save my work etc..... for an update.
This update took about two hours to complete. After it was done it said update was complete and it was the newest etc...... Click and lets get started (Or something like that) I was expecting to get info on what was updated, tips or????? but nothing,
Only thing I have noticed is photos when I first boot up.
Any idea what this update was all about or find out?
For a two hour update I would think something major was updated.

Lee Schierer
05-10-2016, 7:55 AM
Windows 10 seems to update like that. You might want to check your settings for notifications and see what is turned on and off. There is a way to turn off the multiple photo thing on the start screen, but the photos are pretty neat that it comes up with. I just wish you could click on them to see where some of the are from.

Rich Engelhardt
05-10-2016, 8:27 AM
Press the Windows key on your keyboard & the letter "I".
That brings up the "Settings" app.

Under "Settings", click on Update and Security.
Under that, click on Advanced Options.
Under Advanced Options - you can view the update history and see what's been updated.

Microsoft has some strange ideas about making life easier........

Eric Goodell
05-10-2016, 9:35 AM
I think Windows is trying to take a page out of Apple's book and keep everything a bit cleaner and less complex in appearance. This means less detailed options or readouts. It's sort of a "don't worry what was updated, we took care of it" approach that some people seem to like. Unless it's something that adds a new feature, they figure most people don't care to read about it.

From looking at their website it was a lot of bug fixes (not uncommon for a new OS), and some security patches.

For details see:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10