PDA

View Full Version : Can't rip straight on table saw

Brian Sommers
05-09-2016, 10:52 AM
I have the Dewalt 7491RS 10" contractors saw and for some reason I'm not being able to rip straight at The beginning. It gets nice and straight one I'm past about 6-8" see the attached photo the board in question is to the left of my steel straight edge from Veritas

Brian Sommers
05-09-2016, 11:10 AM
Problem solved! I was feeding it in with my roller stand and the height wasn't matched causing the beginning to go in at a slight angle then once it was off the roller it was fine. I am my own worst enemy.

Andrew Pitonyak
05-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Problem solved! I was feeding it in with my roller stand and the height wasn't matched causing the beginning to go in at a slight angle then once it was off the roller it was fine. I am my own worst enemy.

It is so true... In this case, you figured it out yourself! Excellent!

Earl McLain
05-09-2016, 2:11 PM
Might just be me, but 2x SPF (spruce, pine, fir--"whitewood") is one of the most difficult things for me to rip consistently. It's usually not terribly straight to start with, then begins to move as soon as the cut starts. Not nearly as user-friendly to rip as walnut, maple, cherry, white oak, poplar, red oak, cedar, plywood, MDF...you get the point. It definitely has a usage, and i do use it--but it makes me glad i'm not a carpenter!! Makes me appreciate their work.

earl