PDA

View Full Version : Laser diode engraver DSP?

Bill George
05-08-2016, 9:54 PM
Ok I have been doing a Lot of research. JTechphotonics (?) a Texas company sells 3.8 watt blue light Yes I Know the Dangers, laser kit. No motion controller but a control board that takes a low signal in to cycle the light for raster engraving.
I don't want to deal with make do motion and laser control but would rather use a real DSP controller like a CO2 machine. It's just on-off TTL less than 5 volt DC. Zero results on Google searches. Suggestions on forum like this or otherwise for ideas?

Dave Sheldrake
05-08-2016, 10:10 PM
Diodes are really poor quality beam profiles Bill.....multimode is normal and heat is a huge issue with them

Bill George
05-08-2016, 10:27 PM
http://jtechphotonics.com. They are doing some pretty nice stuff, and they are fan cooling the large heat sink and the laser control module. It's for a small very portable laser.

Bert Kemp
05-09-2016, 12:33 AM
Cut acrylic at 120mm per min wow speedy little devil. Why would you want to mess with that, you co2 can do that in 10 sec vs 3.5 min :confused:

http://jtechphotonics.com. They are doing some pretty nice stuff, and they are fan cooling the large heat sink and the laser control module. It's for a small very portable laser.

Bill George
05-09-2016, 7:35 AM
Key word Portable. What if you needed to engrave a picture or text on something that would never fit in a laser machine? There is a market.

Dave Sheldrake
05-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Could achieve the same using a small co2 with the entire base cut out of the machine and a small water resevoir. Use one of the tiny chinese 20 watt tubes and an 8 inch focal lens to keep a decent depth of field

Bill George
05-09-2016, 10:42 AM
Could achieve the same using a small co2 with the entire base cut out of the machine and a small water resevoir. Use one of the tiny chinese 20 watt tubes and an 8 inch focal lens to keep a decent depth of field
Then you have mirror alignment, water pumps and etc. Diode laser, pick up and go.

Can engrave objects already in place and its possible to do something on a vertical surface.