PDA

View Full Version : Is Festool Roadshow worth it?

Wes Billups
05-08-2016, 5:05 PM
I'm in the market for both a new random orbit sander as well as a tracksaw and was wondering if going to this show (75 miles each way) is worth it.
http://www.festoolusa.com/roadshow/default.aspx?Id=21

Are they offering any discounts or extras if purchases are made at the shows?

If not, I may just save my gas money and order online.

Thanks,
Wes

Peter Kuhlman
05-08-2016, 5:27 PM
I went to the show in Louisiana a couple weeks ago. They were not selling anything from the truck. It was held at a local dealer - kind of - as they only carry a limited selection of products. Was worth going to for me to actually see and handle some of the new sanders that I was unaware of. They had a couple new track saws that will be released later this year. They had a grab bag with a catalog, a T-shirt, a coozy and an 18volt battery. I don't have any of the 18volt tools so not much use for me at this tome. It was a 4.2? amp hour battery that has been replaced by a larger 5.2? version.

Hoang N Nguyen
05-08-2016, 6:59 PM
It's only worth it if you want to get some hands on experience with the tools as well as have Festool reps explain the differences between their sanders and such. Otherwise, you can find a lot of info online an if you have a local vendor that carries them, you can play with them at the store. Some of them will even let you use it at the store like a "test drive" before you buy.

No discounts are given at the roadshows, which was the reason I didn't go. They had one 4 miles from my house, but didn't feel like going since I'll likely buy something I won't need.

Bill Orbine
05-09-2016, 12:46 AM
Maybe take advantage of the 30 day Guarantee! Buy....don't like.....return! Some exclusions and rules. Read the policy.

Rich Riddle
05-09-2016, 9:01 AM
Buy from an online retailer and save the tax and get free shipping. If you want to visit Shutte lumber on the Boulevard, it's right down the street from Boulevard Brewery. There is also Strasser Hardware up the hill on the Kansas side of the Boulevard. I'd do about anything to get out of Topeka.