PDA

View Full Version : Wood Coasters to Engrave

Pete Simmons
09-19-2005, 5:29 PM
Anyone know a source of quality wood coasters ready to engrave?
The type with the cork recessed into the wood on the side where you set the glass.

James Stokes
09-19-2005, 7:48 PM
wallmart or the dollar store

Laura Zaruba
09-20-2005, 9:53 AM
I found some at Target.

Joe Pelonio
09-21-2005, 7:48 PM
Let me know what you have to pay for those, I've been making them myself in small quantities, laser cut the larger bottom circle, the top ring, and cork, and glue together. Would save time if they are cheap.

Laura Zaruba
09-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I *think* I paid around $1-$2 each for them at Target.

Pete Simmons
09-22-2005, 10:31 AM
I picked some up at Target $1.59 each.

About 3.75 sq Wood with a round cork insert on the top. They look nice.

Thanks for pointing them out.

If the customer does not want them I will hand them out like cards at Craft Shows.

Laura Zaruba
09-22-2005, 12:45 PM
If you are looking for decent coasters WITHOUT the wood surround, I get mine from www.darice.com (http://www.darice.com). They are a craft wholesaler and they are priced at $0.90 per pack of 4 and $0.80 per pack of 4 when you buy 24+ packs. They're nothing extravagent but I've had good comments on them and they make very affordable handouts.

You have to setup an account with Darice to view prices online but I've found several things I now buy from them - glass ornaments, mirrors, magnets, and more.

If you're near Strongsville, OH you can stop by to tour their warehouse.

Joe Pelonio
09-22-2005, 2:47 PM
Speaking of wholesale crafts, I tried to get a catalog for a place called Westrim Crafts in CA, they sell things like split rings for key chains at craft stores, and I'd
rather get them in large quantities wholesale.

They were out of catalogs and supposed to send one with the next printing but never did, after several e-mails still have no catalog. Anyone have experience with these people, or know another craft wholesaler for this kind of thing?

Joe Pelonio
09-22-2005, 2:54 PM
Thanks Laura, went to the Darice site and they have the spilt rings by the gross so I'll give them a try.