PDA

View Full Version : Euro style cup hinges - awesome!

Mike Schwing
06-13-2003, 10:43 AM
I installed a pair of cabinet doors last night and for the very fist time used those European style cabinet hinges - full overlay style. The ones you have to drill 35mm holes for...

I was approaching the task with a great deal of trepidation as this was my first try and hinges are generally a one shot deal that I usually mess up.

They worked wonderfully! Super easy to install and wonderfully adjustable in every dimension. A real winner for me and I'll look forward to using them the next time.

WAY easier than standard hinges.

I'm sure I'm the only guy left who hasn't discovered this till now, but there you have it.

Mark Hulette
06-14-2003, 6:22 AM
Mike-

Guess what- you're not the last one to 'figure' the 35mm system is a good one- I'm still trying to get the doors on a built-in bookcase and have been debating which way to go on the hinges!

Question: did you use a face frame? I did on the bookcase and am not sure how this type hinge will work.

Isn't it cool when something actually works like it's supposed to?

Jim Becker
06-14-2003, 10:03 AM
Yes, these hinges are very versatile and easy to use. I have them on some shop cabinets and they have performed very well. What's really nice is the adjustability. They don't work for my other projects due to style, but I'd use them whenever they are appropriate in lieu of traditional hinges.

Bobby Hatfield
06-14-2003, 2:05 PM
Blum has face frame hinges, like this one,I use a lot, this is the new one with 6 way adjustment. The opening angle is only about 95 degrees, a little short for most folks.

Bobby Hatfield
06-14-2003, 2:30 PM
The cup only needs those two 5/8" long screws and one for the face frame mount, I use #8x3/4" washerhead square drive from McFeeleys. Got the pic correct size this time, sorry about the others.

Steve Clardy
06-14-2003, 5:11 PM
They'd hafta beat me silly before I would ever use standard face mount hinges again. Once I started using cup mounts, made me wonder why it took me so long to change over. I use the salice hinge, 105 degree opening. Steve