PDA

View Full Version : NCIS fans - How does DiNozzo exit show?

Brian Tymchak
05-07-2016, 6:44 AM
Weatherly was on one of the Hollywood shows last week and indicated there was death involved. So, my leading theory is that DiNozzo senior dies suddenly, leaves Tony a surprise fortune, and Tony decides to turn in his badge to go find Ziva.

However, almost all of the longer enduring characters that have exited the show have died (Kate, Jenny, Mike Franks, Eli David, Jackie Vance, Dorneget, Tom Morrow). And Fornell has been shot, but we don't know his fate yet.

Thoughts?

Bill Orbine
05-07-2016, 7:15 AM
Gets blown up in his Mustang...for real this time!?!

Mike Null
05-07-2016, 7:16 AM
It is one of the few shows i watch and mainly because I like the cast. Besides, it's nice to have a "Buckeye" in the cast. But I really miss Zeva.

Tom Giles
05-07-2016, 7:33 AM
Long time NCIS fan but I think the show has jumped the shark. As mentioned above most of the interesting characters have already left. Weatherly leaving just seals the deal and if Fornell dies, well there's not much left.

Brian Elfert
05-07-2016, 8:24 AM
I thought maybe Tony doesn't come back from Russia, but previews of the final two episodes show Tony so he must come back from Russia.

Ole Anderson
05-07-2016, 8:26 AM
Long time NCIS fan but I think the show has jumped the shark. As mentioned above most of the interesting characters have already left. Weatherly leaving just seals the deal and if Fornell dies, well there's not much left.
Really, wow. I always thought the success of the show was largely due to the depth of the cast with Gibbs, Ducky, Tim, Abby and DiNozzo. I felt the biggest loss was Ziva. Her spot has seen a revolving door of characters before and since.

Chuck Wintle
05-07-2016, 9:50 AM
I agree it has jumped the shark and is winding down. Ziva David brought an energy and sensuality to the show which the current character cannot replace. In fact the current character is a relative of someone and we all know what nepotism does to organizations . It WAS a good show that should now be retired on a good note.

Alan Bienlein
05-07-2016, 11:00 AM
In the previews of the season finally Gibbs asked Tony if he was looking for Ziva. Now with Tony leaving it's just not worth watching anymore as there will be no more interesting characters.

Mark Blatter
05-07-2016, 5:23 PM
My wife and I discussed this yesterday and she suggested that the 'mole', the one we presume shot Fornell, was DiNozzo. Perhaps he has been a bad guy all this time.

Stan Calow
05-07-2016, 8:25 PM
There are only so many Marines, Sailors, and family and friends of characters that can be murdered or in deep trouble, before the episodes all look repetitive. The Ziva angle makes the most sense, but maybe they can come up with one final burst of creativity.

Brian Elfert
05-07-2016, 9:59 PM
Ziva David was not even an original cast member. There was another woman before her. Ziva David was very good no doubt. I'll still watch unless it goes way down hill after this season.

Sam Murdoch
05-07-2016, 10:33 PM
Weatherly was on one of the Hollywood shows last week and indicated there was death involved. So, my leading theory is that DiNozzo senior dies suddenly, leaves Tony a surprise fortune, and Tony decides to turn in his badge to go find Ziva.

However, almost all of the longer enduring characters that have exited the show have died (Kate, Jenny, Mike Franks, Eli David, Jackie Vance, Dorneget, Tom Morrow). And Fornell has been shot, but we don't know his fate yet.

Thoughts?

I don't think DiNozzo Senior has any more money. They have suggested a number of times that he has been a pretender on that score for quite a while. Maybe Ziva is not all gone but they have left others far behind - Kate and Franks for example - without more than a casual reference now and again.

Fornell looks like he was taken out of the show this past episode. Very unlikely that Tony is the shooter. They have made him into a much softer, big hearted guy over the past few seasons with no indications that there is a dark side lurking. They may as well just shoot us all if Tony turns out to be a murdering mole. Still, that last show was a cliff hanger. I can't imagine who the mole might be and can't imagine that one of the main characters will be thrown under as the villain - or - at that point the show is DONE.

I agree that NCIS has been entertaining but that it's time to say goodnight. 'Nuff of a good thing already. It is now becoming a self aware caricature of itself. Abby is particularly annoying to me now :rolleyes:.

Having said all that - I can't believe I said all that about a TV show :eek:. "Get a life people" :D

Jerome Stanek
05-08-2016, 7:38 AM
Jake is the killer and is tapping into Bishop's computer

Larry Frank
05-08-2016, 7:38 AM
But you gotta love Gibbs in his basement using hand tools. Then, he dumps some screws and stuff out of a small jar to pour a drink.

It is better than all the woodworking shows. Maybe Gibbs should start a boat building show.

Sam Murdoch
05-08-2016, 8:20 AM
jake is the killer and is tapping into bishop's computer

Excellent - EXCEPT that there would have been no reason for Jake to chase after the MI5 women in London and the former NCIS guy that was killed and that started the whole going to Moscow and London investigation that Tony lead. Still, it's a fun twist to make Jake into a crazed revenge killer- oh well...

Wayne Lomman
05-08-2016, 8:56 AM
My daughter reckons Gibbs' boats are actually made as 3D jigsaw puzzles and that is how he gets them out of the basement. I have to admit that NCIS is the only US show I watch now and I am getting worried about what they are doing with it. Looks like I will have to buy the boxed DVD set and start my own re-runs.

John Terefenko
05-08-2016, 4:05 PM
I have watched that show from the beginning and continue to watch the reruns. But it is noted that all are just getting too old. Gibbs looks like he is well past his prime from when he started. He aged on that show big time. I too believe Ziva was a great key player in that she was able to do the physical rough house stuff. This other one is too much a pansy and Magee is too. What I heard from Tony's father who was the one who let it slip out that Tony was leaving is that his father will become a bigger player now. I do hope they do not totally lock Tony out and kill him off and maybe on the final couple episodes bring him and Ziva back. They have been picked up for 2 more years. Just can n't think of how many more marines they can kill off. I thought Ducky would be the one they kill off next. Tony did put on a lot of weight lately too. He may die from a heart attack.

I just hope they do not do another spin off with him. There is enough of these already. I was a great show but it is loosing its luster and it maybe time to pull the plug on all of them.

Brian Tymchak
05-10-2016, 9:45 PM
So, did they really kill off Ziva?? I don't think so..

George Bokros
05-11-2016, 8:11 AM
I think DiNozzo leaves to be with Ziva.

Tom Giles
05-11-2016, 9:25 AM
Michael Weatherly has already moved on. He has signed to play… Dr. Phil. Yeah, that Phil. In a show called Bull. I think I'll pass.

Bill McNiel
05-11-2016, 2:05 PM
DiNozza finally gets his just reward..... An enraged group of women (not feminists, just all the women he has offended, verbally abused and used) led by McGee and Gloria Steinem bludgeon him to death with vegetables and paperwork while onlookers provide a Standing Ovation.

Roger Feeley
05-11-2016, 2:47 PM
One thing I notice about NCIS is the exec. producer is the same guy that brought us Airwolf back in the day. Remember how Jan Michael Vincent self destructed? I think if I could get Bellisario in a room, I would note the difference between Vincent and the very well grounded Mark Harmon and ask him if the Airwolf experience made him look for more reliable actors.

I've read that Harmon used to be a carpenter when he was coming up and still likes to hang sheet rock with his old construction buddies. I read that he say's it's good exercise and if he's going to lift weights, he might as well do something constructive. My kind of guy.

John Terefenko
05-11-2016, 10:49 PM
Gibbs also played a little football too.

Brian Elfert
05-12-2016, 8:24 PM
NCIS is still the number one rated show on TV most weeks when there is a new episode and the NFL isn't playing. Apparently a lot of people think it hasn't jumped the shark yet.

Sam Murdoch
05-12-2016, 9:08 PM
I think DiNozzo leaves to be with Ziva.

That's seems inevitable with the set up of the most recent show. Americans can't stand unrequited love :D. We want our happy endings.