PDA

View Full Version : I upgraded my DC

John Gregory
09-19-2005, 12:51 PM
I went from this:

To this:

It was slightly used at the woodworking show in Las Vegas. I paid $358, so after the rebate of $50, my cost is $308. I have it installed and working. I have noticed a great improvement in dust collection in my shop

Jeff Sudmeier
09-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Cool upgrade! I am assuming you upgraded to the jet?

John Gregory
09-19-2005, 1:11 PM
Cool upgrade! I am assuming you upgraded to the jet?

You assume correct, otherwise it would have been a down grade :D

Jim Dunn
09-19-2005, 4:05 PM
John I love my Jet DC. But, the 2 four inch holes had to go.:eek: Try opening just one then both together and you will see what I mean. The volume of air is tremendous with both holes open. So I went with 6" just like the book, and Jim B.,:cool: says:)

Corey Hallagan
09-19-2005, 4:20 PM
Congrats on the new DC. Looks like a great machine!

Corey

Seth Poorman
09-19-2005, 4:46 PM
Nice DC John , It looks like it is somewhat compact (shorter), I dont have a

DC yet, I think I might look at one like yours!!. Seth...

John Gregory
09-19-2005, 5:49 PM
John I love my Jet DC. But, the 2 four inch holes had to go.:eek: Try opening just one then both together and you will see what I mean. The volume of air is tremendous with both holes open. So I went with 6" just like the book, and Jim B.,:cool: says:)

Changing to a 6" system will have to wait for the future, I already have 4" in my shop. I assure the LOML that I would not have to upgrade the ducting for a while. We rarely use more than one machine at a time. I am now working on the "finance" department for a Incra 1000SE miter. I think I would rather have that right now than the 6" ducting. So many things I need(hmmm want?):D

John Gregory
09-19-2005, 5:51 PM
Nice DC John , It looks like it is somewhat compact (shorter), I dont have a

DC yet, I think I might look at one like yours!!. Seth...

The canister height is lower than with the bag. It fit better in the space I had for the DC. The foot print is bigger than the Ridgid DC but it did fit.

Jim Dunn
09-19-2005, 6:52 PM
I hear ya on the cost of upgrading. PVC pipe took a 25% jump in one day! Any bidding I am doing now is subject to change week by week. Money down for materials is the only way we are accepting new work at this time.

John Stevens
09-20-2005, 10:22 AM
So I went with 6" just like the book, and Jim B.,:cool: says:)

I recently bought the JDS version of this DC, and it has the same dual 4" hose fitting as the Jet version. Can anyone tell me where I can buy a 6" fitting, 6" ducting, and 6" fittings for the machines (e.g., table saw, jointer)?

Also, what's "the book" and who is Jim B?

Thanks in advance.

John Gregory
09-20-2005, 12:56 PM
A guy at work bought it for his 76 year old father. His dad continues to do some occasional wooding and wanted a DC. So his son is suprising him with my old DC. It works suprising well for such a small unit. I am glad it went to a good home. My friend at work is glad his father exposed him and his brothers to woodworking and this is a way to thank his dad.