PDA

View Full Version : I'm no dead yet!!

Dan Mages
09-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Despite rumours to the contrary, I am not dead yet! I've been gone for most of the past six months. Life has caught up to me and I had quite a bit on my plate. It all came to a mighty crash when I started to pay more attention to my basement. I started to pull the 1960s style faux wood panelling from the walls and discovered this scary scene...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/DanMages/P1010026.jpg

I have no idea when the fire occurred, but it did send a chill down my spine. I'm not sure who thought it would be a smart idea to send electrical wire down the center of a concrete block wall, but they did... it scared me enough to do some emergency electrical work and shut down all electrical power in the basement, except to the lights, the furnace, the washer/dryer, garage door, and a couple other essentials. That ment a complete halt to all woodworking until I can get the electrical fixed.

Then things got worse. Early spring rains started to show that the old clay drain tile has seen it's day and now needs to be replaced. I am lookin at a massive project to get new drain tiles in my basement. I hope to get this done before the winter so I can get it all framed, insulated, and properly electrified.

But not all is bad. There is also Allison, possibly, my LOML. She is the sweetest, most wonderful lady I have ever met. But I don't think you want to hear that mushy stuff. ;)

Anyhow... whats new around here? Any cliff notes on the past few months?

Till later!! (Don't worry, It won't be another 6 months!)

Dan

BTW... I did manage to get one project in. I went to Glacier Natl Park for some backpacking, so I made this case for my fly rod from 1/4" walnut and bison leather.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/DanMages/P1010232.jpg

Jim Dunn
09-19-2005, 8:18 AM
Your still breathing, that's a good thing:) That outlet is scarey beyond belief. Good luck taking care of the electricity. And, that is a nice looking case for your rod!

Jim Becker
09-19-2005, 9:33 AM
Wow...quite a discovery. Not exactly the same thing as finding a nest of mice or spiders!

As to the potential LOYL...congratulations, even if she spells her name wrong...hee hee. (That would be a common quote from my Dr. SWMBO on that matter...too many ells!)