PDA

View Full Version : List of screwdriver sizes and their matching fasteners / uses?

William Adams
04-27-2016, 9:32 AM
Does anyone have anything for this?

Phillips is easy:

* #0 Phillips head drivers fits screw numbers 0 and 1
* #1 Phillips head: 2, 3, and 4
* #2 Phillips head: 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9
* #3 Phillips head: 10, 12, 14, and 16
* #4 Phillips head: 18, 20, and 24

(though I guess I need to fill in the smaller sizes)

I'd love such a list for slotted, as well as a discussion of blade thicknesses and fasteners, as well as the metric variants.

I've decided to start my tool replacement effort w/ Felo bits, since they seem to be the best mainstream brand available in Imperial measurements.

glenn bradley
04-27-2016, 9:42 AM
You may want to look at the Wera line if you have not already. I'm not saying the Felo's aren't nice, the Wera are just another nice line of drivers but, quite different ergonomically. Both brands are quality drivers with a different feel.

William Adams
04-27-2016, 10:15 AM
Yes, looked at Wera, but don't like how the bits are shaped, and apparently they've begun outsourcing production to the Czech Republic.

Also considered Wiha, but ditto on the tips (but they're still made in Germany AFAICT)

Remembered Chapman bits fondly from when I was in the Air Force, but feel the bit shapes are a bit clunky

I'm tempted by Brownell bits, but the array of sizes is dizzying and the web sites which list them are confusing.