PDA

View Full Version : Question about Vectrics software #2

Paul Lawrence
04-27-2016, 5:24 AM
Still a rookie, but I'm getting there!

I've recently discovered that Vcarve Pro also does 3D. I don't know how I missed that fact, but I was studying many tutorial videos.

So, where do you think the line is where an operator would wish they had Aspire rather than Vcarve Pro?

At this moment, my problem is available resources, so it's an easy decision to make to save money, but I'm looking down the road.

EDIT: I understand that models need to be created to be used.

Gary Campbell
04-27-2016, 7:12 AM
Paul...
That line is simple. When he needs to create or modify 3D components and not just combine or cut them. Nice part is that there is no penalty for starting on VCarve and upgrading later.

Paul Lawrence
04-27-2016, 8:40 AM
Yeah, that is sweet! :D

I've also just realized that Vcarve Pro imports Sketchup files, too. (Not 2016 versions, yet.) I'm decently capable with Sketchup, so I think I can get by to start with. (I tested it on a domed star that I wanted to route. Worked just fine in Vcarve Pro.

PS. I'm also settled on a CAMaster CNC. Size does matter! :D

Paul Lawrence
04-29-2016, 9:19 PM
A bit of a disappointment in one difference between Vcarve Pro and Aspire is with lithophanes.

I did want to build some projects with lithophanes, but can't with Vcarve Pro.

Gerry Grzadzinski
04-29-2016, 10:10 PM
That falls under "creating 3D components", as Gary mentioned above.

Jerome Stanek
04-30-2016, 7:29 AM
If you want to do lithos you can bundle photo v carve and v carve pro and save $50

Paul Lawrence
04-30-2016, 7:48 AM
That's a good idea. Seems that Vectrics has all bases covered.

PS. I'm not knocking the software ... just my startup plan! :D (I'm trying to engineer the startup as well as the wood.)