PDA

View Full Version : Tough decision.....

Ken Fitzgerald
04-26-2016, 7:32 PM
I have been working in the lawn and flower beds today. Every time I came inside for a sip of coffee, I flipped on the television and surfed a couple channels.

It's difficult for me to decide which I dislike more....the major news medias' nonstop coverage of the Presidential primaries or ESPN's nonstop mock draft coverage for the upcoming NFL draft.

Ugh!

Jerry Thompson
04-26-2016, 7:45 PM
I don't get much of it since we went the antenna route.

Jebediah Eckert
04-26-2016, 8:24 PM
I would have to vote that the NFL mock draft is the more useless of the two. Not only are they mostly wrong..........the majority of the players drafted never make a team, even less last into a second season, and even more rare are the ones who have an impact on team.............a handful at best.

Chris Parks
04-26-2016, 8:24 PM
Don't watch TV, it works for me. Seriously I would not watch more than 10 minutes a week accumulated by the TV being on and me walking through the room.

Bill Bukovec
04-26-2016, 9:03 PM
Here in Minnesota it's been 24/7 coverage of Prince dying.

Rich Riddle
04-26-2016, 9:03 PM
Ken, let me help you. Turn on the radio and listen to the nonstop drama about "Prince" dying. One announcer today actually said he needed to re-examine the meaning of life in a world without Prince.

Greg R Bradley
04-26-2016, 9:04 PM
Easy choice for me - I haven't owned a TV for a decade.

Myk Rian
04-26-2016, 9:16 PM
At first I thought it was Prince Charles. Then I heard it was Prince. Pfftt.

You have to stay away from the news channels to keep your sanity.

Bert Kemp
04-26-2016, 9:27 PM
Who's Prince?

/+

Jebediah Eckert
04-26-2016, 9:39 PM
Who's Prince?

/+

haha, great answer

Bruce Wrenn
04-26-2016, 9:59 PM
You could tune to twenty channels telling you how to have a Brazilian Butt instead. The American one I have works just fine, thank you. As for the NFL draft, what player has had the greatest impact on the NFL recently at the quarterback position, Hint, he wasn't even drafted. Too small to play QB in the NFL. Boy were the so called experts wrong!

Greg R Bradley
04-26-2016, 10:26 PM
Who's Prince?
/+
What is the NFL?

Gary Yoder
04-27-2016, 6:21 AM
We got married 6 years ago, and still haven't felt the need to get a tv. I'm doing just fine without it!

Brian W Smith
04-27-2016, 7:35 AM
80% of our "TV" viewing is a crackling fire on YouTube,whilst reading a good book.Did watch a 1969 Williamsburg,1 hour vid on YouTube last night however.It was a start to finish flintlock,rifled barrel long gun.

Prashun Patel
04-27-2016, 9:42 AM
I'm with you, Ken. 24 hour coverage of anything is unnecessary (except woodworking; I could take 25-hour coverage of that...)

If I have to choose, tho, I would rather watch the NFL draft. There's hope and possibility, and genuine talent to be witnessed there. In the primaries, there's only dread and dissapointment that the best country in the world cannot identify good candidates to lead it.

glenn bradley
04-27-2016, 9:45 AM
Don't watch TV, it works for me. Seriously I would not watch more than 10 minutes a week accumulated by the TV being on and me walking through the room.

Yes,this. My life is so much better since I ditched the tube a decade or so ago.

Patrick McCarthy
04-27-2016, 9:50 AM
I'm with you, Ken. 24 hour coverage of anything is unnecessary (except woodworking; I could take 25-hour coverage of that...)

If I have to choose, tho, I would rather watch the NFL draft. There's hope and possibility, and genuine talent to be witnessed there. In the primaries, there's only dread and dissapointment that the best country in the world cannot identify good candidates to lead it.

Amen, brother! You're singing to the choir.

george wilson
04-27-2016, 10:24 AM
We went to Roku a few weeks ago. Got tired of paying $200.00 a month for cable,who are showing the same movies the were back on the 80's when we first got cable.

roger wiegand
04-27-2016, 10:39 AM
What is the NFL?

The Newest Festool Lunacy?

Curt Harms
04-28-2016, 7:51 AM
We went to Roku a few weeks ago. Got tired of paying $200.00 a month for cable,who are showing the same movies the were back on the 80's when we first got cable.

+1 on Roku. I pay for Hulu and watch about a half hour of local news most days. Prime time? More like wasteland. It might be wiser to get a smart TV or device that has Amazon, Roku and internet streaming/YouTube built in. We bought the Roku player thinking we could watch ESPN & Big10 football while having Verizon's custom channels without the sports package. We found out that nope, we need to have the sports package on TV to receive the sports channels on Roku. That was a disappointment but it is still worth having. We only care about football so sports channels get ignored February to September.

Rich Engelhardt
04-28-2016, 7:54 AM
We got married 6 years ago, and still haven't felt the need to get a tv. I'm doing just fine without it!We got married 36 years ago.....
our TV is on 7X24......:D.

See what a difference a few decades make? ;)

Al Launier
04-28-2016, 9:08 AM
I certainly don't like the repetition of the same "news" from morning through night, yet I realize that not everyone can watch TV at the same time. However, I feel somewhat compelled to understand what's going on in our country & the world. So, I've decided to catch the news mostly in the evenings so all the "updates" can be captured in one sitting. Yet, it’s still challenging to sort out the biased coverage of different news stations.

We need more woodworking shows, or other crafts, particularly those with higher levels of craftsmanship, to watch!

Dennis Peacock
04-28-2016, 10:35 AM

I'm with you Chris. Not watching TV was one of the best decisions I ever made.