PDA

View Full Version : A couple of gloats and a thank you to Delta.

Frankie Hunt
09-18-2005, 10:19 PM
I picked up a new scroll saw on my trip to Atlanta. I got it at Redmonds on clearance for $65. The box was sealed up and although it had some dings it wasn't enough to make me think there was a problem. When I got home and opened it up I found a broken saw. A quick call to Delta and they made it right for me, as they always have done. I really like their service. That is why my shop is mostly gray.

I had a 2 speed version of this saw for a long time. I decided to upgrade some tools and sold that saw in a package deal. Ive been missing it so I just couldn't pass this one up. I will probably get the Dewalt that I want next year as the Unisaw and DJ20 have busted my tool budget for this year.

Thanks Delta!
Frankie

Frankie Hunt
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
My router is in the wing of my contractors saw. I have been using a router fence that attaches to the saws fence. It works ok but there was room for improvment. So...... I went with the new Benchdog fence. It works better and frees up the saw's fence too. I really like it. It fits the saw perfectly.

Frankie

Corey Hallagan
09-18-2005, 10:45 PM
Yowsa, man that scroll saw took a beating. I got a new Delta SS350 and I like it very much. I used to have the 2 speed model of the saw you got there. I liked it very much.

That benchdog fence is great. I like you TS set up. I think Benchdog makes great products. I have the Pro Contractor BD router table with the Bench dog fence. Works great. I love those feather locs as well. By the way, just curious if the profence comes with the jointer feature and the two little bars that fit in the fence to offset it for jonting?
Congrats on the new tools!
Corey

Frankie Hunt
09-18-2005, 11:01 PM
By the way, just curious if the profence comes with the jointer feature and the two little bars that fit in the fence to offset it for jonting?
Corey

Hey Corey,

Yep, It came with the two little bars. I have not used them yet.

I am VERY pleased with the fence!

Frankie