PDA

View Full Version : Laserpro Mercury Mirrors

Frank Sorace
04-26-2016, 9:27 AM
Hi all,

New member here. I have a 25 Watt LaserPro Mercury laser that needs to have at least the last mirror over the lens replaced, and maybe others. I'll know that as I get to them. I cannot afford to buy them from the local distributor (about $300 per mirror) so can anyone please tell me what type of coating I would be looking for as well as an economical source for them?

I'm embarrassed to admit that these are the original mirrors and have never been touched! When I bought it, the salesman dropped it off, attached it to my PC and left. No training, no discussion of mirrors, no cleaning tips, tricks, etc. It gets very limited use and up until a few weeks ago, cleaning the lens was sufficient to keep it working. When I finally noticed a severe drop in cutting power I started to figure out why. Someone on another forum suggested looking at the mirrors.

The mirror right above the lens is the only one I've looked at so far and the coating was all bubbly and flaking. When I put a drop of lens cleaner on it and touched it with the lens tissue, it mostly flaked off.

So, any helpful identification as to what type of coating I would be looking for, and an affordable source would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Bill George
04-26-2016, 9:42 AM
Try Lightobject.com

George M. Perzel
04-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Hi Frank;
I have a pair of new mirrors for the Mercury1 which I purchased awhile ago and never used. Send me a PM and we can work something out.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Frank Sorace
04-26-2016, 8:45 PM
PM sent, George