PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
04-25-2016, 8:01 AM
25 April 2016

Good Morning Everyone,
You'll be glad to know that I've been spending some time in the shop working on various things. Spindle turning....wow...how out of practice I am! I don't know why, but people like to bring me chairs to repair. Maybe I need to learn about chairs, how they're made, and how to repair them. :)
Been working in the yard a good bit since the weather has been nice and temps warm enough to make everything come a live. Beautiful time of the year in my book.
I go oncall starting today so I'm mentally not ready for this week.

The LOML and I are still working out at least 3 times each week and I seem to be stuck at just shy of 30 pounds lost. I've weighed the same for 3 weeks in a row and I'm getting frustrated with it. I'm not giving up, just getting impatient I guess.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Charles Taylor
04-25-2016, 9:25 AM
On Saturday, cooked a rib roast on the smoker for dinner with friends. Turned out excellent, and the weather granted a fine evening outdoors.

As time permitted during the weekend, attached a French cleat to the wall near the bandsaw and used scraps to make fixtures to organize the blades, fence, and so on. I need to get back to a real project.

Michael Stockdale
04-25-2016, 10:49 AM
Did not even make it into the shop this weekend...

Jimmy Buffett concert on Saturday (I'm not as young as I once was!)

Family reunion on Sunday...

Important stuff, but I miss time in the shop... Maybe next weekend?

Mike

Jak Kelly
04-25-2016, 1:49 PM
My wife started a new workout routine in October of last year. They have trainers that constantly push them. Anyway, at the first of her class they did the weigh-ins but they also measured their bodys'; waist, thighs, arms, chest, stomach.............. The trainers have stressed to not become so fixated on weight alone, to also use the inches lost in areas as a key indicator. I think they do this because so many people get frustrated by a plateau that we will all eventually hit, unless you are still under 21 or something. There is a point in ones physical routine that you should start to put muscle weight on, especially if you are lifting weights.

Hang in there!!!!!!

Dennis Peacock
04-25-2016, 1:52 PM
My wife started a new workout routine in October of last year. They have trainers that constantly push them. Anyway, at the first of her class they did the weigh-ins but they also measured their bodys'; waist, thighs, arms, chest, stomach.............. The trainers have stressed to not become so fixated on weight alone, to also use the inches lost in areas as a key indicator. I think they do this because so many people get frustrated by a plateau that we will all eventually hit, unless you are still under 21 or something. There is a point in ones physical routine that you should start to put muscle weight on, especially if you are lifting weights.

Hang in there!!!!!!

Thank you Jak..!!!! I can tell you that making a decision to start getting fit again at the age of 56..???? Is a very difficult challenge. :) :D

Gregory King
04-25-2016, 3:50 PM
Dennis: I think this may be only the second time that I've posted on your weekly topic. But I always look forward to it. Did not do much on the week-end as we always use the time to spend with the two grand-sons. But today the wife and I started to split the annual firewood. We burn only about 3.5 cords and sell the rest. We buy in 12 cord loads so the resale puts a few bucks in our pockets. Glad to hear you are trying to shed a few pounds. My wife has lost 25 lbs. since Christmas. She is right at her goal now. Her mom is 82 years old and she convinced her to try as well. First time ever.So today she found out from her doctor's weigh-in that she has lost 26 pounds. Needless to say both ladies were over joyed. So hang in there. More power to anyone who gives the effort. Greg

Brian W Smith
04-25-2016, 8:35 PM
Small to medium sized party for 150 here.Catered food(not my idea) wasn't all that good.Music was fair,dancing was VG.

Jim Becker
04-27-2016, 8:52 PM
I didn't do any woodworking...landscaping work was the task and I moved about 10 ton of 3/8" red stone. I'm no longer using organic mulch in our beds. Thankfully, I have the "big orange power tool" to move the stuff around. :)