PDA

View Full Version : Help with installing Epilog with network cable

Ricard Rinaldo
04-24-2016, 4:43 AM
I was sitting for hours yesterday with my mini 18 trying to install it with a crossover cable but with no luck.
I have the drivers installed and I can ping the laser but it refuses to print, I get some sort of error message in win10.
If I double click on the print job in the que it says RAW, is this normal since I have chosen the laser as LPR?
Any help would be appreciated, I have read about these problems with other users and most of them ended up in epilog support for a solution. :(

Best regards

Duane Parcells
04-24-2016, 8:58 AM
Hi Ricard

I've had the same problem on and off. The usual cause was a job stuck in the print que. Also, if you haven't already, refer to the article.....http://support.epiloglaser.com/article/8205/11942/crossover-cable-troubleshooting
The "some sort of error message in win10" could be useful if you are still having trouble, please post it.
I also had luck (for no reason I can see) by having the laser being the only printer installed. Sometimes setting it as the default printer wasn't enough. I never dug around to find out why.

You can also completely remove the driver and driver package to do a "fresh" install by:
To completely remove printer driver files from your system:

Open the Print Server Properties dialog window by doing one of the following:

Click the Start menu and in the search field type 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click it in the search list.
Press WINDOWS-R on the keyboard to bring up the Run window, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then press Enter or click OK.
Press the WINDOWS key on the keyboard to display the Start screen, type in 'printui /s /t2' (without the quotes), and then click it in the search list.
From the Start menu or the Start screen:

Open Devices and Printers.
Select any printer and then click "Print server properties" at the top of the window.
Click on the Drivers tab.

Select the printer driver you wish to uninstall.
Click the Remove button.
Select "Remove driver and driver package" and click OK.

Duane