PDA

View Full Version : Fun day in the shop today

Hoang N Nguyen
04-23-2016, 10:38 PM
http://i1237.photobucket.com/albums/ff468/hnnguyen85/20160423_130338.jpg (http://s1237.photobucket.com/user/hnnguyen85/media/20160423_130338.jpg.html)

Here’s how you are supposed to run the saw, according to the former Chairman of the Central Committee of the Saw Stop Skeptics Collective – the late Kent Bathurst: First, remove all the safety stuff you can. And – that bozo even figured out how to trip the safety circuit while the saw was stopped, and not damage the brake nor blade. First time he ever touched a SS. Go figger. Bad mojo.

Had no problem dancing with my Laguna BS, Dewalt lunchbox planer, PM jointer, or miter saw. Just the SS. Huh. Who was that masked man?

All jokes aside, it was a great day hanging out with my buddy Kent. It seems I learn something new every time he stops by. We both worked on our own projects while chatting the day away. If only I had a video of it, you'll see me in the background vacuuming dust off the floor while Kent manages to spray new dust everywhere. Can't wait for the next visit.

Jebediah Eckert
04-23-2016, 11:05 PM
I miss Kent, a video would have been great, but it may have ended up overloading the Internet :eek:

Hoang N Nguyen
04-23-2016, 11:21 PM
I'll be sure to get a video next time. Until then, we can all enjoy the view of Kent's rear end.

Frederick Skelly
04-24-2016, 5:33 AM
Sounds like a good day for sure.

Why is Kent on oxygen?

Jebediah Eckert
04-24-2016, 8:24 AM
Unrelated to Kent but you have a nice shop there. I think the V3000 is going to work out nice for you.......minus all the hassles it took to get there.

Brian Tymchak
04-24-2016, 10:13 AM
Kent got in the same room with a SS??? I can't believe it. ;)

Hoang N Nguyen
04-24-2016, 11:24 AM
Sounds like a good day for sure.

Why is Kent on oxygen? Not too sure of all the details, but I know part of it was due to saw dust.

Unrelated to Kent but you have a nice shop there. I think the V3000 is going to work out nice for you.......minus all the hassles it took to get there. I hope so, I don't intend to upgrade any time soon.

Kent got in the same room with a SS??? I can't believe it. ;) Not only did he get in the same room, he even touched it and turned it on. AFTER he made me remove the blade guard, over arm DC and riving knife. I don't think he knew there was a bypass mode, otherwise he'd have me turn that off as well.

John TenEyck
04-24-2016, 12:35 PM
Not only did he get in the same room, he even touched it and turned it on. AFTER he made me remove the blade guard, over arm DC and riving knife. I don't think he knew there was a bypass mode, otherwise he'd have me turn that off as well.

I always thought Kent was a pretty smart guy. Seems I was wrong.

John

Paul McGaha
04-24-2016, 1:33 PM
Really nice of you to share your shop with Kent, Hoang. I'm sure you guys had a fun day.

PHM

Bill Space
04-24-2016, 2:20 PM
"Here’s how you are supposed to run the saw, according to the former Chairman of the Central Committee of the Saw Stop Skeptics Collective – the late Kent Bathurst:"

Forgive me but I have to ask: Was this a paranormal experience?

Kent looks so real...:eek:

Earl McLain
04-24-2016, 8:50 PM
Is Kent wearing Cole Hahn's with sweatpants?? Too cool!!

Hoang N Nguyen
04-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Really nice of you to share your shop with Kent, Hoang. I'm sure you guys had a fun day.

PHM

It's always fun having Kent at the shop and having someone to hang out with. I always seem to learn something new every time he stops by so it's a double plus kinda thing.

Charles Taylor
04-25-2016, 9:17 AM
It's always fun having Kent at the shop and having someone to hang out with. I always seem to learn something new every time he stops by so it's a double plus kinda thing.

Kent is a knowledgeable guy and entertaining character. He is missed here.

Michael Stein
04-25-2016, 10:36 AM
Kent is a knowledgeable guy and entertaining character. He is missed here.

I don't post a ton on here, but was wondering what happened to him. Always seemed to have knowledgable, and comedic, answers to questions posted. Glad to see he is still around and woodworking.

paul cottingham
04-25-2016, 1:55 PM
Man! You guys are braver than me. I'm glad you had a good visit with He Who Must Not Be Named, Hoang.

The rest of you better hope the You Know Who's Name doesn't have the Trace on it.

relax. A little Harry Potter humour.

Hoang N Nguyen
04-25-2016, 2:19 PM
I even tried pushing my luck in getting him to use some of my green cool-aid tools but no joy there. He told me I needed to make mortise and tenons like a real man and that I needed to hurry up and get the PM mortiser I've been eyeing so he can use it.

Kent still does whatever WW he can with his hand tools. He swings by my shop when he needs electron sucking tools...... as well as exchanging insults and jokes with me.

Yonak Hawkins
04-25-2016, 4:51 PM
Man, I miss you-know-who. This community lost a lot when he was self-banished. He's a wordsmith of the first order and knowledgeable woodworker. It's a real shame.

Paul McGaha
04-25-2016, 5:48 PM
From Kent:

"Kent got sideways with the SMC organization. It was time for him to move on, and he has never griped about how the cards hit the table.

Now his shop time is working on-on-one with Hoang, in spite of his Green Kool-Aid fetish.

The shoes are Johnston + Murphy – from his days working on manufacturing plant design, layout, and machinery. Those are his “work” shoes from those days – three identical pair with tassels and kilties.

The oxygen is due to severe COPD – the root causes are probably legion, knowing him.

His Tigers are killing him this season, and he is gleefully awaiting the next transcendent disaster known as The Detroit Lions Draft.

Warmest regards to his friends here."

Jebediah Eckert
04-25-2016, 8:47 PM
Even delivered second hand........his posts still make me smile.

Rick Johnston
04-26-2016, 8:27 AM
At first I thought he met have met his demise with the word late. I've noticed he has not posted - what has happened to him?

Hoang N Nguyen
04-26-2016, 8:41 AM
From Kent:

" Now his shop time is working on-on-one with Hoang, in spite of his Green Kool-Aid fetish."

I wouldn't call it a fetish..... otherwise I'd have my walls lined with systainers.

At first I thought he met have met his demise with the word late. I've noticed he has not posted - what has happened to him?

Banned for life as far as I know.... Reasons unknown.