PDA

View Full Version : Shop Jig.. Adjustable Router Dado Jig..

Corey Hallagan
09-18-2005, 7:09 PM
Well I did get a chance to finish my adjust router dado jig today. Also got the pieces cut for the cross cut sled. The dado jig allows you to dial in exactly the size of dado you need by inserting a piece of the same material. Takes all the guess out of of plywood that is always changing in thickness! Here is the link to the page with some photos.
http://woodshop51503.tripod.com/id12.html
Just scroll down. I still need to put a coat of tung oil on it and then a couple coats of poly which will help keepthe fences from dinging which will virtually make it useless.

Thanks,
Corey

Todd Davidson
09-18-2005, 7:23 PM
Good to see you got some shop time in this weekend. A few more weekends of home projects and I'll be able to get some in that isn't remodeling related. Am eager to check out your sled upon completion. Keep enjoying yourself!

Richard Wolf
09-18-2005, 8:32 PM
Good work Cory, looks like your gearing up for something.

Richard

Corey Hallagan
09-18-2005, 8:55 PM
Thanks guys! Richard, I am just enjoying the shop time and making a few things that I need to have in the shop for the kind of work I want to do when I am not remodelling the house. I am waiting for the wife to clean out an empty room that will store most of the living room stuff while I sand down the oak floors and redo them before moving on to the trim work and some builtins. So I am getting a couple weeks to make some of these shop jigs. I enjoy making them too!
So happy that I got the Table saw all dialed in and working good! Best 399.00 + 129. for miter guage, + 25.00 for link belt + 39.00 for removable splitter, that I have ever spent!! :)

Corey
Corey

Dan Forman
09-19-2005, 4:06 AM
Cory---From which plan was your jig made? I like the idea of referencing the width directly from the piece to be cut.

Dan

Corey Hallagan
09-19-2005, 12:47 PM
Dan, it is in one of those jig & fixture collection books. It is The Ultimate Jigs & Fixtures Handbook. I got it when I subscribed to Woodsmith magazine. Not sure if it is available on Plans Now or not, will check!
Corey
Dan, it actually was there along with most of the jigs in the book. Here is the link to the jig:
http://www.plansnow.com/adjustdado.html

Dan Forman
09-19-2005, 5:46 PM
Thanks Corey.

Dan