PDA

View Full Version : prefab garages

Dave Cullen
04-23-2016, 3:20 PM
I'm considering buying a house that does not have a garage, and I would need one for motorcycles, yard equipment etc. I see modular, prefab wooden or metal garages that can be plunked down in a day but they don't show prices - you have to "get a quote". So I'm asking the community what experiences you guys might have and what you paid. I won't have much dough left after buying a home, so I'm looking to get an idea of whether it's worth my time even considering a house without a garage.

Thanks

Erik Loza
04-23-2016, 3:54 PM
We have two Tuffsheds. The first is a two-car detached garage. We had the slab poured (per their measurements) and they came and built it. The typical truss-type construction with composite roofing. It is about ten years old now and aside from being ready for a fresh coat of paint, no issues with it. The smaller Tuffshed, I purchased just for storing yard equipment. It's on steel beams, directly on the ground. No issues with that one either. Not sure if Tuffshed is in CT but they do have a quote calculator on their website. Best of luck in your search.

Erik

Rick Potter
04-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Don't have one, but last night I saw one advertised on CL.

24 X 25 metal garage, including garage door, man door, and installed on your concrete. Reg. $11,995 on sale for $8995.