PDA

View Full Version : CSBBQ 2005 Doug Stowe Boxes - pics

Dennis Peacock
09-18-2005, 6:52 PM
Mr. Doug Stowe was very gracious in taking time out of his very busy schedule to attend, bring some of his work for display and talk with us about teaching others woodworking, making boxes and for bringing some of his books for us to purchase. Thank You Doug for attending and sharing part of your life with us at the BBQ.

Here are some of the boxes that Doug brought to display. We all "googoled" over them and I belive everyone wanted to take at least one box home with them.!! :D :rolleyes:

Dennis Peacock
09-18-2005, 6:53 PM
Last three pics I have of Doug's beautiful boxes.....

Dick Parr
09-18-2005, 6:55 PM
Beautiful boxes Dennis.

Looks like everyone had a great time. Thanks for sharing them.

Michael Stafford
09-18-2005, 7:27 PM
Doug Stowe is one of my favorite box makers and definitely one of my favorite woodworking authors. I enjoy the way he writes and teaches. Dennis you and the others there had a rare treat and I am envious.

Now, the $64,000 question: Did you buy one of his boxes? If so I am really envious.... ;)

Corey Hallagan
09-18-2005, 7:33 PM
Thanks Dennis for posting photos. That would have been an awesome time! I have 2 of Dougs books already and I am a fan of his work. Hope it was a great day all around!

Corey

Shelley Bolster
09-18-2005, 8:14 PM
Hey Dennis, thanks for taking the time to post pics of Dougs Stowe's wonderful boxes and the ones in the other BBQ thread. He is certainly an inspiration with his boxes. Glad to hear that you all enjoyed a great weekend at Terry and Cheryl's.

Richard Wolf
09-18-2005, 8:28 PM
Great boxes. There is something about boxes that I really love. Like a little treasure boxes. Thanks for sharing.

Richard

Dennis Peacock
09-19-2005, 12:17 AM
Doug Stowe is one of my favorite box makers and definitely one of my favorite woodworking authors. I enjoy the way he writes and teaches. Dennis you and the others there had a rare treat and I am envious.

Now, the $64,000 question: Did you buy one of his boxes? If so I am really envious.... ;)

Mike,

It was fun and I talked with Doug at length about box making. I will be in his ESSA box making class in 2006 as soon as he gets it scheduled. :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Dan Forman
09-19-2005, 3:44 AM
Wow, those are some boxes! How lucky for you to have the chance to hang out with Doug. I have two of his books, and that is something I definitely want to pursue once I have the basics covered.

Dan

Greg Heppeard
09-19-2005, 8:33 AM
Nice boxes...I'm sorry I missed all the fun this year. Work has been keeping me.

Jeff Sudmeier
09-19-2005, 9:09 AM
Wow! Those sure do look great. Looks like a good time was had by all!

Terry Hatfield
09-19-2005, 9:21 AM
It was great to have Doug here. I certainly enjoyed checking out his work and hearing his woodworking philosophy. Looking forward to reading his books!!!

t

Dennis Peacock
09-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Doug Stowe is expected to return to next years BBQ for a demo of box making. So....If you can make plans to attend? I would love for you to experience Doug Stowe. :D