PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated a drawer

Michael Weber
04-22-2016, 7:21 PM
in my seemingly never ending kitchen remodel. Built several dedicated storage areas and this is the latest. The drawer holds an institutional sized roll each of heavy aluminum foil and clear plastic wrap (3000 feet:eek:) The 18tpi hacksaw blades don't work as well as I was hoping for tearing off material that has been pulled out. I think because The teeth are not vertical enough. The material off the cardboard boxes is inadequate. Looking for a better material or idea. Suggestions?

And yes, my drawer false fronts are walnut so the box joints stand out when the drawers are open

Tom Ewell
04-22-2016, 8:40 PM
Stainless meat cutting band saw blade,
replacement serrated paper cutter blade
might try horizontal mount on the keeper boards as well

Michael Weber
04-22-2016, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Tom. Couldn't find what I needed in a paper cutter blade online but ordered a couple of meat handsaw replacement blades. We'll see how they work.

fRED mCnEILL
04-23-2016, 11:22 PM
On the one I built I used a sliding knife setup. I bought it on line but they also come on large rolls of saran wrap at Costco.

Michael Weber
04-24-2016, 1:24 AM
On the one I built I used a sliding knife setup. I bought it on line but they also come on large rolls of saran wrap at Costco. Pictures??? Like to know how you incorporated that into the drawer.

Yonak Hawkins
04-24-2016, 10:38 AM
..Just thinking off the top of my head. How about a broken band saw blade ?

Bruce Wrenn
04-24-2016, 10:15 PM
Take the hack saw blade to belt sander and put a bevel on one side, so you have a serrated knife. Doesn't have to be super sharp to work.