PDA

View Full Version : So excited I'm about to bust....

Bob Noles
09-18-2005, 3:40 PM
I posted a thread about a week ago asking for some tips on aquiring handtools and received so many good replies. Within that thread was a picture of a miter saw posted by Mike Winzloff that got my blood rushing. I researched and asked around trying to find what I was looking without much luck. I then contacted Mike who has been an excellent friend in the past in helping me. Bingo.... Mike put me onto this and now I own the darn thing. What a deal as well... only $32 plus shipping.

I want to thank Mike so much for all he has done for someone he has never even met. A really cool guy he is :cool:

This saw is in better shape than I have ever seen one in. I feel like I'm gonna bust :D

Jim Marshall
09-18-2005, 3:51 PM
Bob, that is great, you got a winner there. That is the same miter saw I stared off woodworking with back in the 60's. It was very accurate and a pleasue to use. I sure would love to find one of them. I have looked for a few years but have never been able to find one. I am happy for you buddy.

Mike Wenzloff
09-18-2005, 4:20 PM
I'm happy I could be of service. One of the true pleasures in life, ya know?

Mike

Scott Donley
09-18-2005, 6:02 PM
Great score ! I wish I was your neighbor, not just to try it out, but your post have shown you to be a really nice guy, truly happy for others. One question? How do you hook up the dust collection to it ?

Mike Wenzloff
09-18-2005, 6:15 PM
ROTFL...don't ya know? The DC kit is an extra...

Bob Noles
09-18-2005, 8:20 PM
Bob, that is great, you got a winner there. That is the same miter saw I stared off woodworking with back in the 60's. It was very accurate and a pleasue to use. I sure would love to find one of them. I have looked for a few years but have never been able to find one. I am happy for you buddy.

Thanks Jim, I am really happy over this one :D and thanks for a little history on it too. You are not too far North of me and can come borrow it sometimes :)

Bob Noles
09-18-2005, 8:23 PM
Great score ! I wish I was your neighbor, not just to try it out, but your post have shown you to be a really nice guy, truly happy for others. One question? How do you hook up the dust collection to it ?

Scott,

I'll have to correct you a little here..... the "nice" guys are here the ones found at SMC and Mike is certainly one of them among the best of them. As far as DC goes, I have an electric broom on order :D

Roger Bell
09-18-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey hey......congratulations. You might consider mounting the saw to a board with a cleat placed on the front edge. That way a single clamp will hold it rock solid in use, but it still mobile.

Dan Forman
09-19-2005, 3:04 AM
Bob---Congrats on your new acquisition. Glad things worked out for you. Your excitement is contageous!

Dan

Roger Nixon
09-19-2005, 10:06 AM
One question? How do you hook up the dust collection to it ?

You take the brush and dustpan off the nail. :D

Jim W. White
09-19-2005, 5:36 PM
I'm constantly on the lookout for one like that. My Dad has one back home which I really love. Haven't located one yet at a reasonable price in the right condition. Congratulations!!! :D

...Jim W

Bob Noles
09-19-2005, 9:05 PM
Hey hey......congratulations. You might consider mounting the saw to a board with a cleat placed on the front edge. That way a single clamp will hold it rock solid in use, but it still mobile.

Good thought Roger and a nice tip. Sounds like just what the Dr. ordered ;)