PDA

View Full Version : XYZ Axis

Ray Beaty
04-21-2016, 10:55 PM
So I was doing a beam alignment on my gweike 60 watt and all of a sudden the X,Y and Z axis's just quit working, no motion. Can someone tell me what might have caused this problem or what to look for? I would be greatly appreciative!

Bill George
04-22-2016, 10:41 AM
What have you checked so far? Emergency stop button, fuses and maybe a safety interlock like on the lid?

Ray Beaty
04-23-2016, 7:33 AM
What have you checked so far? Emergency stop button, fuses and maybe a safety interlock like on the lid?

Thanks Bill for your reply, I have checked the emergency stop button and the safety interlock. Not sure where the fuses are butt will try locating them!

Scott Marquez
04-23-2016, 9:18 AM
If the X, Y, and Z axis each have their own controller, I would check the power supply feeding them all. That may be the common item that is causing the problem, or a grounding issue.
Scott

Bill George
04-23-2016, 10:54 AM
Thanks Bill for your reply, I have checked the emergency stop button and the safety interlock. Not sure where the fuses are butt will try locating them!

Do you have a meter? Pretty hard to troubleshoot without one. On my GWeike machine the lid switch was flaky at times and since you had that door open and closed a lot I would start there.